Quick Help needed: Phaser Rattle or something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shea-bird

Reaction score
Have been noticing this "light" rattle on cold startups. It's not as loud as many video's I've seen, so trying to get some expert opinions.

The truck is a 2019 with 55k. I decided to get ahead of the issue and dropped it at the dealer today. Of course the SA stated that it WAS NOT phaser rattle, because it would last 30 seconds or more...which smells like BS. Anyhow, they have it overnight and will assess it tomorrow.

View attachment raptor-rattle.mp4

OP
OP
S

shea-bird

Reaction score
Thanks all...I figured as such...again, I've heard phasers sound much worse and needed the affirmation.

Today's Update: Just dropped by the dealer to grab something from the truck and caught up with the SA. He basically said that after a cold start they did hear the phaser rattle and will be replacing them under warranty :D. At this point, do I need to worry about them putting in the new parts?? I would assume all the issues with bad replacements came early on, before the new phaser parts were created.

I'm also getting a plethora of other preventative maintenance.

qq - on the ford performance plugs - they are asking $479 to replace...seems very high

Last edited:

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say it's the phasers as well. Mine were replaced a few months back but it sounds exactly the same after the replacement as before.