GEN 2 Pulls hard to left when in 4-wheel drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a torsen diff up front, any (front) wheel slip will result in a pull on the steering wheel towards the slipping wheel because the gear setup in the torsen moves the applied torque to the non-slipping wheel very quickly. The slip event should be very short due to the quickness of the recovery. These steering responses can catch people unaware if they're not experienced with this type of differential in the FRONT. That said, on dry FLAT paved surfaces you should never feel any pull EXCEPT for it pulling back to the centered position, ESPECIALLY under acceleration UNLESS one of the IWE are malfunctioning and not engaging the drive on that wheel.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have felt it mostly in Auto 4 wheel and slush or ice. Definitely the Torsen diff causing it in my case. I’ve learned to go easy when accelerating on really slippery surfaces and it’s much better! It plows through the snow great with that front end pulling it:)

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine pulls to the right. Dealer won’t do crap. I told them I’ll bring it back when something breaks, they said OK!

deltamonkey32

Reaction score
Anyone have an update on this? We just had our first snowfall in Denver. Put it in Wet/Snow mode with 4A for the first time. Pulls hard to the left when accelerating at any speed, but stays straight cruising on the freeway.

cass09

Reaction score
I have a 19 full load. I never noticed at first but now in 4A or 4 high it definitely pulls to the right. I just noticed it after 17000 km. Never jumped or off roaded. Best reply I’ve seen is traction control. The reply said push the traction control button for 5-7 seconds and it solves it. I am going to try that. My dealer is sending a hotline to Ford. One way or another I am going to figure this out. It’s driving me crazy.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 19 full load. I never noticed at first but now in 4A or 4 high it definitely pulls to the right. I just noticed it after 17000 km. Never jumped or off roaded. Best reply I’ve seen is traction control. The reply said push the traction control button for 5-7 seconds and it solves it. I am going to try that. My dealer is sending a hotline to Ford. One way or another I am going to figure this out. It’s driving me crazy.

Do you have the Torsen differential? With the size and width of the tires, they're going to follow road crown, which is to the right. As soon as torque is applied to those 35" front tires, you're going to have some change in steering feel.

cass09

Reaction score
Yes I’ve had that checked out. Had my alignment adjusted perfectly. At first I thought it was the crown of the road, but I played around and it definitely pulls. I had several mechanics check it and tell me the same. It’s pulling. Saw a guy today

cass09

Reaction score
Dec. 15 2020 he took his king Ranch out and tried his A wheel and 4 by 4 and he had no pull. I will get this figured out. I’ll try the traction control button tommorow