Driveshaft clunk in reverse on first drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Recently, when I back out of my parking spot first thing in the morning, I have been getting a rather large clunk coming from under my 2019.
Im assuming it is driveshaft related since the noise is rather loud. It has been well below freezing over night and I'm not sure if its temperature related but it only started happening during this cold snap.
I auto start my truck regularly and always back out but I may turn my truck around tonight to see if I get the same sound when driving forward. It goes away after the initial 50 feet of pulling out of my driveway but it has been consistent 3 mornings in a row. I should also note that I am in 4A.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Well it seems like this is a joke to most, I've searched. Can find threads about clunks while driving at speed, but nothing about reverse and in relation to first drive of day.
Can anyone be of some assistance instead of trolling?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Recently, when I back out of my parking spot first thing in the morning, I have been getting a rather large clunk coming from under my 2019.
Im assuming it is driveshaft related since the noise is rather loud. It has been well below freezing over night and I'm not sure if its temperature related but it only started happening during this cold snap.
I auto start my truck regularly and always back out but I may turn my truck around tonight to see if I get the same sound when driving forward. It goes away after the initial 50 feet of pulling out of my driveway but it has been consistent 3 mornings in a row. I should also note that I am in 4A.
Has anyone ever experienced this?
My Gen2 used to do that on occasion, along with a few other annoying things. It didn't cause any long term probs though.

If you have forscan try resetting the transmission learning.

It's part of the Raptor mystique.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it seems like this is a joke to most, I've searched. Can find threads about clunks while driving at speed, but nothing about reverse and in relation to first drive of day.
Can anyone be of some assistance instead of trolling?
its a joke because there are about 756 different clunk threads. as bad as ppf, tint, 20in rims, and if 37s fit the truck threads. its repetative and gets old really. so before this turns into a shit show, we gunna learn you today boy. have you used the seach feature? i found 30 pages of clunk in the search bar.

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has done it a couple of times. Cold starting in the garage and shifting quickly in to reverse.
I just wait 10 or 15 seconds after starting before putting it in gear and it hasn't done it in quite a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter