Driveshaft clunk in reverse on first drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
What were you doing with the truck before it was parked?

Edit: how many times has th8s happened? A video would be nice. What modifications have been done to the truck?
Just regular pavement driving. This has happened roughly 5 times. Mods include Geisers up front with Deaver HDs and SVC bump stop in the rear.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
I bet you’re parking on a slope and the truck rolls up against the transmission parking pawl. Try setting the parking brake before you put it in park.
Not a big slope, but yes my driveway does slope a bit to the front and driver side. If this is the case, any idea what the noise would be?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is a family friendly site
200.gif
Not a big slope, but yes my driveway does slope a bit to the front and driver side. If this is the case, any idea what the noise would be?
it’s enough. Try using the parking brake - stop, foot on brake, put in park, keep foot on brake, engage parking brake, then release the brake pedal.
Let us know if it continues.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Start with the rear suspension, especially since the rear springs were replaced with aftermarket. Were the bolts all torqued to the required specifications with the weight of the vehicle on the springs?
I'll check spring bolts this weekend. If that were the case though, I would assume it would be more consistent and not just initial reverse out of driveway.
Thanks to everyone who put in their $.02. This has got me scratching my head.