GEN 2 Pulls hard to left when in 4-wheel drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

801Ag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have an 18 SCREW. I have yet to take it off-road. Yesterday weather got pretty bad so I threw it into 4A for the first time and the truck starts pulling left every time I accelerate.

I have to fight to keep it straight. Like I said it is only when I accelerate and it pulls harder the more I push on the gas. This is only when I am in 4 wheel drive. It doesn’t matter if I am going 15 mph or 65 mph.

I am thinking it is a power distribution problem but the Power Distribution screen shows both front wheels even. No warning lights have popped up either.

Anyone have any ideas? I am going to take her in next week (of course it happens on a weekend)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have an 18 SCREW. I have yet to take it off-road. Yesterday weather got pretty bad so I threw it into 4A for the first time and the truck starts pulling left every time I accelerate.

I have to fight to keep it straight. Like I said it is only when I accelerate and it pulls harder the more I push on the gas. This is only when I am in 4 wheel drive. It doesn’t matter if I am going 15 mph or 65 mph.

I am thinking it is a power distribution problem but the Power Distribution screen shows both front wheels even. No warning lights have popped up either.

Anyone have any ideas? I am going to take her in next week (of course it happens on a weekend)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a lot of torque steer when the front wheels are driven. If there was any crown on the road, that could be causing the truck to pull.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the torsen front on mine and it will pull just a little to the right. My 2012 plain 4x4 would pull just a little also. I would not worry.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've driven in weather mode once and did not notice any pull to either side. That said, weather mode, in addition to activating 4A, also retards the throttle response significantly.

Morn

Reaction score
So you're going completely straight and level on a smooth road surface, and when you accelerate it pulls hard left and you have to fight it to keep it straight? No, that's not normal at all. Doesn't happen to me in 4A.

OP
OP
801Ag

801Ag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're going completely straight and level on a smooth road surface, and when you accelerate it pulls hard left and you have to fight it to keep it straight? No, that's not normal at all. Doesn't happen to me in 4A.

Yeah completely flat ground. I drove in a mall parking lot and the truck would damn near do circles on its own. The harder I accelerate the worse the pull is.