Oil Filter Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look at it as the SX model has more failure points...

How so? It’ seems like a superior design to me. You can aim it how you want, and the lever is bent differently for easier operation. Same valve, I believe, so the mechanical failure points would be the same.

Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I look at it as the SX model has more failure points...
Good point....Just looked at some photos of both and agree...the SX looks like something can screw up with all the swivel points...Need to get under mine and see if I really need that or just go with the regular one..and K.I.S.S....sometimes improvement isnt really an improvement..

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How so? It’ seems like a superior design to me. You can aim it how you want, and the lever is bent differently for easier operation. Same valve, I believe, so the mechanical failure points would be the same.

Looks like the SX has an added bolt that the actual valve swivels on as opposed to the "N" series just ******** into the pan...1 part as opposed to 2 parts....
I just talked to FUMOTO and they sent this...very good info .... and should help others...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Any valve in the F106 series will fit.
Please choose based on your preference.

If you need help choosing the best style for your specific needs click here:
https://help.fumotooildrainvalve.co...s-the-difference-between-all-of-these-valves-

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the SX has an added bolt that the actual valve swivels on as opposed to the "N" series just ******** into the pan...1 part as opposed to 2 parts....
I just talked to FUMOTO and they sent this...very good info .... and should help others...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Any valve in the F106 series will fit.
Please choose based on your preference.

If you need help choosing the best style for your specific needs click here:
https://help.fumotooildrainvalve.co...s-the-difference-between-all-of-these-valves-

Well, yeah, two parts, but come on. I don’t expect the through bolt to make it any more prone to failure. Once it’s in, the through bolt never moves. It’s just a bolt.

I believe it is the 107 series, not the 106, at least for the Gen 2. That’s what others have said here and also what Fumoto told me. And that’s what I have. I think the 106 is 14mm, not 12mm.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, yeah, two parts, but come on. I don’t expect the through bolt to make it any more prone to failure. Once it’s in, the through bolt never moves. It’s just a bolt.

I believe it is the 107 series, not the 106, at least for the Gen 2. That’s what others have said here and also what Fumoto told me. And that’s what I have. I think the 106 is 14mm, not 12mm.

Yep....I have the Gen 1 and its the 106 series....as far as fixed or swivel...guess its whatever someone likes or needs....but if you dont need it to swivel,figure less moving parts the better... :)

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are assuming that once threaded the spout is pointing down for the N-series. This is why the 2 pieces (sx) is better, the spout is independent of the bolt and thus can be clocked to any position.

Thanks...nice photos....looks like the swivel like you used OR the fixed "N" series will work...for sure Fumoto is the one I'm going with...Did you really need the swivel one...looks like just straight down and a hose would work fine...

OP
OP
JohnC12

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are assuming that once threaded the spout is pointing down for the N-series. This is why the 2 pieces (sx) is better, the spout is independent of the bolt and thus can be clocked to any position.
This is exactly why I went with the SX version. I’ve had the SX valve installed for 5k moles and no issues so far. We’ll see.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will not have an issue. I have used the fumoto valve on multiple cars going back 10 years and never had an issue.

This is exactly why I went with the SX version. I’ve had the SX valve installed for 5k moles and no issues so far. We’ll see.