GEN 2 Offroad Drive Modes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So trailer towing is a "mode". Wondering what all is changed for that. Trailer setting is about half way between sport and regular. Get some gear downshifting, and gear holding. But I do not know what else it does for handling and brakes. Use it quite a bit in city driving.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
So trailer towing is a "mode". Wondering what all is changed for that. Trailer setting is about half way between sport and regular. Get some gear downshifting, and gear holding. But I do not know what else it does for handling and brakes. Use it quite a bit in city driving.

Tow Mode E271981 To activate tow mode, cycle through the available terrain modes and select Tow/Haul. See Principle of Operation (page 27). The indicator light illuminates in the instrument cluster when the system becomes active. The tow mode feature: • Moves upshifts to higher engine speeds to reduce the frequency of transmission shifting. • Provides engine braking in all forward gears, which slows your vehicle and assists you in controlling your vehicle when descending a slope. • Depending on driving conditions and load conditions, may downshift the transmission, slow your vehicle and control your vehicle speed when descending a hill, without pressing the accelerator pedal. The amount of downshift braking provided varies based upon the amount the brake pedal is pressed. The tow mode feature improves transmission operation when towing a trailer or a heavy load. All transmission gear ranges are available when using tow mode. To deactivate the tow mode feature and return to normal driving mode, cycle through the available terrain modes and select normal mode. See Principle of Operation (page 27). The indicator light deactivates when the system turns off. Tow mode also deactivates when you power down your vehicle.

Tow Haul Mode - For towing a trailer or carrying a heavy load in the truck. Off-Road Modes Off-Road activates unique suspension control logic developed by Ford Performance specifically for Raptor to maximize shock performance in extreme off-road environments.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any mode that does not pull the power back when the truck is leaning over hard, such as "sandbowling" large dunes, or getting sideways/donuts on the dry aspault? It seems to take my power away no matter what mode I use. T/C always hold down. owned and abused for 2 years now.