Gen2 Rear Wheel Locking Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would bet that an enterprising stealership would be able to say something like “How could we have known the previous user tampered with the emissions and powertrain programming, they did not disclose this to us”. Were I a scummy stealership in PA, I’d probably be inclined to interpret this broadly and provide a less precise, more general previous use description to “operated on public roadways” to be compliant. I’m not saying this is ethical, just a way I could see a stealership to exploit the law.

There are two groups of people in the populace who exist because
1) they excel at deception, whether by explicit action, selective use of language or omisison
2) their command of language and manipulative skill make them superior to most other people’s ability to detect deception

They are politicians and vehicle sales men/women.

Even a good and practiced negotiator can fall victim to people who are comfortable manipulating others.
I know I have heard of dealers saying they were not aware a tune was on a vehicle, but I think (hope?) it would be pretty tough for a dealer to say they didn't know a vehicle had a branded title. That's an extra level of ******.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I have heard of dealers saying they were not aware a tune was on a vehicle, but I think (hope?) it would be pretty tough for a dealer to say they didn't know a vehicle had a branded title. That's an extra level of ******.
Totally agree. Here’s my concern though…all we know so far is OASIS shows the VIN is branded. Depending on how PA law defines a “branded” title might change whether they have to disclose it.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree. Here’s my concern though…all we know so far is OASIS shows the VIN is branded. Depending on how PA law defines a “branded” title might change whether they have to disclose it.
I saw on an AMG forum how a guy had bought a certified AMG GT Coupe and it turned out to have been tuned. Immediate turn down of warranty by MB. It was a real mess for the buyer.