OEM (The Real Deal) Rain Sensing Wipers discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what sucks is when there is morning moisture on the glass and you start the vehicle before you close the door. you pretty much drown the drivers door panels

2nd on that one bud.. While I understand the door design to reduce wind noise, I had that if there is any precipitation on that vehicle, frozen or liquid, when you open the doors, you coat the outer 4" of the seating surfaces with said precipitation.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, Don't forget the first right hand turn with precip on the roof and you have the window open any amount.
I won't even mention, well.....yes I will, lifting or opening the sunroof and forget about all that precip.

Last edited:

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind installing a momentary switch somewhere near the steering column that, when pressed, would cycle the wipers one time. This would help when offroading and I get a mud/water splash on the windshield and need to clear it really quick.

Do you have a front camera on your truck? If yes, you may run into some troubles because I believe the wipers are controlled through the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) through HS-CAN and the module is probably different on a front camera equipped Raptor because of the front camera sprayer.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Emailed you some info... hope it helps.

Just tap the Windshield Washer button on the end of the stalk. If you just quickly press and release, it will do a single wipe. If you press and hold, it will spray and then wipe multiple times before stopping.

Courtesy Wipe is for after you clean the windshield with washer fluid. Once the wipers are "done" it will pause for a few seconds and then give one last wipe to get any fluid that may come back onto the windshield when driving.