Rain Sensing Wipers: Sensing invisible rain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the other thread here about them not working, but mine work… Just a little too much. No matter what setting im on (outside of the 0/A setting) the wipers will still wipe, intermittently. It’s dry outside and the windshield is clean and for the entire 30 min drive home today it would irregularly wipe. Even just now in the garage, on the single drop and three drops, they wipe. Is there a way to troubleshoot this at home before I take this in to a dealer? It’s a really lame thing to spend time at a dealer for but its nice to have, esp when my wifes’ old Durango has this working flawlessly.

Last edited:

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19 ghost wipes too
I think it’s from slight condensation on the sensor. That’s my best guess
Not gonna let any dealer fk with it over something I deem So inconsequential

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19 ghost wipes too

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19 ghost wipes too

Go old school…activate them yourself when needed. Damn things are annoying when they activate with little to no reason at all.
I gotcha. I got an appointment set up just to see if they know what it is… there were some posts from a while back saying that it could be a software glitch in the settings where rain sensing is disabled even if you enable it.