Rain Sensing Wipers: Sensing invisible rain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine ghost wipe maybe once or twice a day. But, I start and stop my truck at least a dozen times each day (traveling from office, to site, to supplier, back to another site, etc).
I normally just turn them completely off, except when I forget to, after a rain.…then they simply remind me that I didn’t turn them off
Fair enough. Maybe I’ll just leave it be and just bring it up during next oil change. Seems to be more common than not

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to ford. They confirmed it’s not working as it should but also said the turn stalk and rain sensor are, so their suggestion is “with all the other people experiencing this issue” to wait to see if a service bulletin comes out with a fix. They claim replacing either part would not fix the problem. Not the best answer but it’s not the biggest issue.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to change my wiper/turn signal switch and it completely solved my problem. Think the switch was like $100 and it literally took 15 minutes.
No kidding really? Sucks that you had to fork up the money instead of having it warrantied. Guess I might have to do the same.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I just didn't want to have to deal with dropping off my truck and waiting. Simple and easy fix so I just did it
So how does it operate now when it rains, my 2019 rain sensing wipers worked OK but sometimes it would wipe when unnecessary so I just turned it off in the settings.

I wonder if Ford ever had a TSB fix for this issue.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how does it operate now when it rains, my 2019 rain sensing wipers worked OK but sometimes it would wipe when unnecessary so I just turned it off in the settings.

Dealer said there was nothing out for my gen 3

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So far it is back to like it was on day 1 of ownership. The rain sensing is not perfect but it better than what I was dealing with. I looked like a fool with my truck wipers going off when it was bluebird sunny and 85 out.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far it is back to like it was on day 1 of ownership. The rain sensing is not perfect but it better than what I was dealing with. I looked like a fool with my truck wipers going off when it was bluebird sunny and 85 out.
That would drive me up the wall if it was wiping even when turned off!!