Rain Sensing Wipers: Sensing invisible rain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robl3577

Reaction score
Every vehicle I have had with rain sensing wipers does this. Some worse than others. I keep them off til needed because it annoys me

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't had rain sensing wipers since 2012 Platinum, loved them on that truck and thinking about adding them to my 2014 Raptor.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while it'll happen on my '17. Sometimes it happens when using my right blinker. But that's not repeatable so it was probably coincidence. I didn't hit the spray button there. Condensation makes sense. It tends to do it a lot before my window is fully defrosted. Some mornings it's just once. And some it just keeps going and I set it to 0. In most cases it exclusively happens in the morning, but it has happened to me in the afternoon on rare occasion—might be glare causing that. Who knows. It's really infrequent for me. If my window isn't fogged, it usually does it once and then stops and it won't happen for the rest of the drive, unlike what's described here.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
Mine ghost wipe maybe once or twice a day. But, I start and stop my truck at least a dozen times each day (traveling from office, to site, to supplier, back to another site, etc).
I normally just turn them completely off, except when I forget to, after a rain.…then they simply remind me that I didn’t turn them off