Rain Sensing Wiper Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teamster

Reaction score
Hey folks! I've got a sort of question regarding the rain sensing wipers on my '17 Screw. I live in Seattle, where it's an omnipresent drizzle from around October to May every year. I've noticed that even in light drizzle, the rain-sensing wipers start going crazy fast even when set to the lowest setting.

Sometimes I can get them to calm down and slow back to a normal pace by turning the wipers off entirely and resetting to the first click. Anyone have a similar experience? I'm tempted to just turn off rain sensing, but it's a genuinely useful feature when it's properly calibrated to the amount of precipitation.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had some rain here in SoCal and I experienced the same thing where even the lightest drizzle randomly caused the wipers to go crazy fast.

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel everything that has rain sensing wipers does that. I turn that shit off and manually use what I want.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same thing happens to mine to some extent. Im going to clean and wax my windshield so it stops making noise.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in Seattle as well, mine does not do that. I do polish and seal the windshield every year not sure if that has something to do with how much rain the sensor will actually sense…

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have Forscan try setting this to disabled:

726-34-02 xxxx xxxx x*xx
Speed dependent wipers: 1=enabled, 0=disabled

OP
OP
teamster

teamster

Reaction score
if you have Forscan try setting this to disabled:

726-34-02 xxxx xxxx x*xx
Speed dependent wipers: 1=enabled, 0=disabled
Does this also disable the rain sensing? Or does it only disable the variable speed for the wipers, and leave the rain sensing intact?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it woks well except in a drizzle.