Rain Sensing Wipers: Sensing invisible rain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Are you guys trying to workaround this by using the defrost to... you know... clear the window fog, which can also trip the rain sensing wipers?

I live where there’s sometimes very thick fog and conditions that will also cloud up my “perma-fog” windshield glass and it drives my rain sensor nuts. 2 minutes with the defogger on and it calms down.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others here, mine does a single wipe at startup most of the time, even when the windshield is dry and clean. I’ve noticed though, that after a rain when the windshield has water on it, it usually doesn’t. Seems to wipe when you don’t want it and not wipe when it would be appreciated…

Reaction score
Mine does that but then just keeps doing it like the old way.
I just purchased a 2023 Raptor and have the same issue. I have rain sensing "on" through the main vehicle menu. I did not click on the "courtesy" wipe. I rotated the left turn stalk knob forward to the least sensitive setting and the blade wipes once..... and never stops intermittently wiping despite no rain. I tried all four sensitivity settings and it will not turn off. I don't see a recall for my VIN, but this is definitely an issue with the F150.

John H

Reaction score
On my 2022 I had the same issue despite it being enabled. Someone on here suggested enabling it on the guest profile as well and then it started to work! The 2023 that I currently own has worked since day one without enabling the guest profile, so who knows.

Reaction score
On my 2022 I had the same issue despite it being enabled. Someone on here suggested enabling it on the guest profile as well and then it started to work! The 2023 that I currently own has worked since day one without enabling the guest profile, so who knows.
Oh nice, I will enable it on the guest profile as well. Hopefully, that does the trick. Thanks for the tip!

Reaction score
Mine does that but then just keeps doing it like the old way.
It worked! I switched to “Guest” profile after startup. I went to settings, vehicle, wipers, and in guest profile set it to automatic rain sense mode and turned the left dial to the least sensitive rain setting and it no longer wipes continuously as if a normal delayed wiper setting. I then switched back to my true driver profile and it still works. Thank you!