OEM (The Real Deal) Rain Sensing Wipers discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind installing a momentary switch somewhere near the steering column that, when pressed, would cycle the wipers one time. This would help when offroading and I get a mud/water splash on the windshield and need to clear it really quick.

For this you just tap the windshield washer button rather than holding it down. This will do a single wipe

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally don't like the rain sensor feature on my daughter 2013 Titanium Escape.
You have to constantly fuzz with the amount it sensors because it ether wipes to much or not enough.
And when it wipes the first time there no washer fluid so all you get is a smear if the windshield is very dirty and you have to do a manual wash anyway.

And if it's freezing rain and the wipers are frozen the potential of them breaking or tearing the blade and scratching the glass is great.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a beemer with this feature and I actually don't like it, I always turn it off, I'm probably not the norm though. No disrespect to the OP, I'm still subscribed :)

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The courtesy wipe is a wipe on engine startup. For humid climates.

No, the courtesy wipe is after you use the windshield wash it does its normal 3-4 passes then after a few seconds does a final courtesy wipe to get the left over windshield wash off the windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why the requirement to upgrade the windshield?

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice,, and fyi,, by pressing the windshield washer button quickly once you'll get One quick wipe without juice

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am late to this discussion but the momentary feature on my 2011 is a quick touch of the washer button. The courtesy wipe is a feature that will give an extra wipe after the normal wipe/wash if finished.

As for rain sensing wipers I have never felt like they worked the way I think they should. I have not really spent time with them as I have not owned a car with them, but have driven some cars with them and I shut them off after it seemed that they came on when the window was almost dry. Also someone said freezing rain would be a problem.