OEM KO2s Cupping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you run 38/38 like the door placard says, you’ll get great economy, have shít traction and wear the center of the KO2’s at 2x the rate of the edges.

I started dropping PSI after Raptor Assault a little at a time and keep it around 34-35 F, 33-32 rear with cargo and rotate frequently.

Good luck.
Gen 1 calls for 44 PSI. !!! I run 34 psi unloaded on Nittro Ridge Grapplers.

Ford can't officially recommend a tire pressure less than what it takes to handle a fully loaded truck on the hottest day at highway speeds.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a good point.
I run those pressures with no cargo. If I need to haul a load of peeps or cargo or both, psi goes up.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The latest I’ve heard by way of FRF from Raptor Assault is 32F / 28R. And one of our Jen Too did a chalk test with the tires and found that over 32 psi the tires aren’t making full contact patch, wearing the center faster. MANY of us found this out the hard way. If you run 38/38 like the door placard says, you’ll get great economy, have shít traction and wear the center of the KO2’s at 2x the rate of the edges.

I started dropping PSI after Raptor Assault a little at a time and keep it around 34-35 F, 33-32 rear with cargo and rotate frequently.

Good luck.
Hey Smurf

I had a 18 and an 19 and was running 34F/32R and while the ride was awesome, I got cupping on the sides and had to replace both trucks before 19k for noise and wear.

I have a 23 now and running factory 38F/38R. So far at 6.5K miles, no wear at all which was not the case in my 18 and 19.

I did do the chalk test on Gen2's and I 100% agree with your statement about the contact patch but I think there is more dependency on drive style and roads.

The chalk test on the 23 at 38psi showed 100% contact with no center crowning.