OEM KO2s Cupping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GDK

Reaction score
We also have a Rubicon and you can really pickup any unusual road noises. We switched from KO2's to Nitto's and wish we could have just tried them for one drive instead. They are terrible, seem to be a harder rubber compound and, they are LOUD!
Just my opinion but when you drop the pressure on a KO2 it will climb anything and they ride and sound like a Car tire.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see you guys are running low 30's for pressure, I dropped mine to 36 and noticed a little difference, I think I'm going to 34.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The latest I’ve heard by way of FRF from Raptor Assault is 32F / 28R. And one of our Jen Too did a chalk test with the tires and found that over 32 psi the tires aren’t making full contact patch, wearing the center faster. MANY of us found this out the hard way. If you run 38/38 like the door placard says, you’ll get great economy, have shít traction and wear the center of the KO2’s at 2x the rate of the edges.

I started dropping PSI after Raptor Assault a little at a time and keep it around 34-35 F, 33-32 rear with cargo and rotate frequently.

Good luck.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The latest I’ve heard by way of FRF from Raptor Assault is 32F / 28R. And one of our Jen Too did a chalk test with the tires and found that over 32 psi the tires aren’t making full contact patch, wearing the center faster. MANY of us found this out the hard way. If you run 38/38 like the door placard says, you’ll get great economy, have shít traction and wear the center of the KO2’s at 2x the rate of the edges.

I started dropping PSI after Raptor Assault a little at a time and keep it around 34-35 F, 33-32 rear with cargo and rotate frequently.

Good luck.
I thought I read somewhere on here that the Raptor Assault instructors stated 38 front and 35 rear when cold. I went to that and things are great. Front usually heat up to around 41 and the rear to 38.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere on here that the Raptor Assault instructors stated 38 front and 35 rear when cold. I went to that and things are great. Front usually heat up to around 41 and the rear to 38.
How long have you been running pressure like that? I think after about 7500 miles you should see noticeable difference between center wear and edge wear. Jen Too forums have posts about this, along with the unusual inside / front tire wear.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
run 35-33.just change tire at 37 000.still ok but with rainy season,get very slippery and the ride is better.
Remenber:
One of the major reasons that tires on new cars wear out so fast is how they are produced. Compared with tires that are purchased from specialty tire stores, tires on new cars that come from the factory are fitted with softer rubber. The tires have a slightly better performance by utilizing a softer compound.

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck.
Wait so running a lower PSI won’t cause cupping? I’m just trying to prevent that from happening again since it made my ride rough at 70-80mph

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen3 calls for less camber than Gen 2. I've updated my Gen 2 to the Gen 3 alignment specs and it seems to have helped some. Suprised still having same issue on Gen 3

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter