GEN 2 Net gain with collars? Post your results.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had the RPG's 2.25" on for a week on my 2018 now and it is a little stiffer than stock. Totally livable for me.

I don't have stock measurements but as it sits now its with 40 miles till empty on the gas tank.

From ground to fender
Driver front 41 1/4"
Pass Front 41 5/8"
Driver Rear 42 1/8"
Pass Rear 42"

Adjusting preload changed your spring rate?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the driver side done too. Here was my issue - THE DAMN STICKERS were binding and getting the perch all caught up, they would not go higher because the sticker started to roll up as the perch went up. Ended up having to remove the stickers on both shocks - once I did that, easy as pie. Did not need a strap at all. Like I said before, you need a pry bar or somthing long to push the upper A arm DOWN and the spring up. This gives plenty of room to then get the perch up. Anyway, I only did the 1.5" collar and my full lock rubbing is now completely gone :biggrin:

Congrats. Very true about the lower control arm too. What I did...once I had the truck on jack stands with wheel removed, I used the jack to raise the control arm as high as I could, then I compressed the spring as far as I could and hung the spring in place with a strap. Then I lowered the jack beneath the control arm. This process allowed enough room to raise the perch.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats. Very true about the lower control arm too. What I did...once I had the truck on jack stands with wheel removed, I used the jack to raise the control arm as high as I could, then I compressed the spring as far as I could and hung the spring in place with a strap. Then I lowered the jack beneath the control arm. This process allowed enough room to raise the perch.

Yeah mine wasn't that simple - I think because the perch got hung up on the stickers on both sides. Yes to the jack beneath the lower arm but in my case, I needed to use a pry bar to push up on the spring and down on the UPPER A arm simultaneously. Anyway, I'm glad it's now done.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
King 3.0 Front: 41.6”
Deaver +3 Rear: 42.25”
Full fuel, 315 KO2s @ 40% tread.
Left to right 0.0” difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk