GEN 2 Net gain with collars? Post your results.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting this thread so others can purchase the correct spacers for expected level and or desired height.

So if you wouldn’t mind posting what spacers you used and the overall height achieved before and after.

Easiest to measure from the ground centered on the wheel to the wheel arch.

Example:
RPG 1.5”
Stock 40”
RPG 41.25”

Hopefully this will help take some of the guess work out for others and get relatively close as the height will vary from truck to truck pending mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not exactly what you are asking, but I started with 1.5" collars, and there is absolutely some rake still.

I have gone up to a 2.25" collar and Im happier. Some angles it looks like some rake, some angles it looks nose high, but overall im happy with it.

2.25 is level for the most part.

the suspension is so soft, it can depend on if your fuel tank is full or not.

PS: someone buy my old 1.5" collars in almost new condition please!

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly what you are asking, but I started with 1.5" collars, and there is absolutely some rake still.

I have gone up to a 2.25" collar and Im happier. Some angles it looks like some rake, some angles it looks nose high, but overall im happy with it.

2.25 is level for the most part.

the suspension is so soft, it can depend on if your fuel tank is full or not.

PS: someone buy my old 1.5" collars in almost new condition please!

Lol! You are a perfect example of why we need this data. You had to buy twice to get the height you wanted.

Looking to get the overall height the collars raised your truck.

What I am looking for is how much did the 1.5” raise your truck?
And the 2.25”?

I have the icon kit and if mine comes out to needing 1.5” I will buy your rpg collars but thinking I need 1.75”.

Currently sitting at 41.5” rear and 39.75” front. 1.5” RPG appears to only net 1”-1.25” over stock. With this if I go 1.75” hypothetically speaking I should get 1.5” of lift and have 1/4” rake....

Might be helpful to post rear upgrades. In my case I have deaver +2 HD w/Camburg shackles and SVC bump w/fox ifp. This combo raised the rear almost a full inch.

Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol! You are a perfect example of why we need this data. You had to buy twice to get the height you wanted.

Looking to get the overall height the collars raised your truck.

What I am looking for is how much did the 1.5” raise your truck?
And the 2.25”?

I have the icon kit and if mine comes out to needing 1.5” I will buy your rpg collars but thinking I need 1.75”.

Currently sitting at 41.5” rear and 39.75” front. 1.5” RPG appears to only net 1”-1.25” over stock. With this if I go 1.75” hypothetically speaking I should get 1.5” of lift and have 1/4” rake....

Might be helpful to post rear upgrades. In my case I have deaver +2 HD w/Camburg shackles and SVC bump w/fox ifp. This combo raised the rear almost a full inch.

Well, I got my Raptor pretty early on and jumped on parts when they were pretty new. At the time, the only option from RPG was 1.5" or 3", they came out with the 2.25" later.

I can get a pic and current measurements when I get some time.

edit: my rear is stock.
I had day dreams of setting up my cam on a tri pod and taking before and after pics of the truck in the same spot for easy comparison since it is a hotly debated topic, but I never got around to setting the camera up. I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old and was squeezing the install in on a weeknight.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I don't have collars but here are my measurements.

Geiser Springs 43" on factory BFG's
Deaver +3 43.5" on factory BFG's

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
rear: stock springs, 3/4+ tank gas
front: RPG 2.25"

rear: 40.25"
front: 39.75"

also, tires are pretty much bald, gotta be good for another 1/2" all around

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear: stock springs, 3/4+ tank gas
front: RPG 2.25"

rear: 40.25"
front: 39.75"

also, tires are pretty much bald, gotta be good for another 1/2" all around

Wow you're only at 39.75" up front with a 2.25" collar??

Crazy how I am at 43" with a 2.5" geiser spring Are you sure you are not only giving us the beginning measurement? You should be closer to 42" with that collar on.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed even with worn tires your front end sits really low! That’s what I am at stock....

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPG 1.5 collars. 23,204 miles on factory tires, less than 1/4 tank of fuel, 41.25 front and 41.50 rear.