GEN 2 Net gain with collars? Post your results.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellowssm

Reaction score
for the people that have done both or have ridden in both the 1.5 and 2.25 rpg collars how is the ride on both compared to stock? from what ive read the 1.5 feels like stock and the 2.25 is much firmer. I don't mind it getting a little more stiff as I am used to a firmer sports car ride but I would like to keep some of the plushness.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for the people that have done both or have ridden in both the 1.5 and 2.25 rpg collars how is the ride on both compared to stock? from what ive read the 1.5 feels like stock and the 2.25 is much firmer. I don't mind it getting a little more stiff as I am used to a firmer sports car ride but I would like to keep some of the plushness.

collars don't affect spring rate, the spring itself determines spring rate. You are only adjusting preload. it takes x pounds to compress the spring x inches with no collars, and it takes the same force to move the same distance with the collars.

I have run stock, 1.5, and 2.25, and there is no difference.

yellowssm

Reaction score
collars don't affect spring rate, the spring itself determines spring rate. You are only adjusting preload. it takes x pounds to compress the spring x inches with no collars, and it takes the same force to move the same distance with the collars.

I have run stock, 1.5, and 2.25, and there is no difference.

That’s weird. Everything I’ve read online says there is some kind of change. I think I’m just gonna go do the 2.25

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I would suggest the 2.25

I originally did the 1.5 and was underwhelmed with the difference. Felt like the truck was still nose low and for the money spent I wanted a more noticeable difference.

Went with Geiser front springs which are awesome but raised my front too much lol. Added Deavers +3 and all is well in my Raptor world now..... Well now I want 37s

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.25 will gives the truck an overall better ride on and offroad.
I also have a tundra with icon 2.5 resi and it is much stiffer/harsher than my raptor after perch install.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I don't have collars but here are my measurements.

Geiser Springs 43" on factory BFG's
Deaver +3 43.5" on factory BFG's

I did not measure mine before either, but with the same components AND Toyo RT 37s, I am only slightly taller than Murph. (Should be 1" taller)

Geisers: 43.25
Deaver +3: 44.0

Does not make sense to me, but I guess every set of springs/leafs are slightly different when installed on our trucks.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not measure mine before either, but with the same components AND Toyo RT 37s, I am only slightly taller than Murph. (Should be 1" taller)

Geisers: 43.25
Deaver +3: 44.0

Does not make sense to me, but I guess every set of springs/leafs are slightly different when installed on our trucks.

Yea just measured mine again to double check. Measurements were a little lower guess it all depends on how the truck is sitting and tire wear / air pressure.

Front was 42.75"
Rears were 43.25"

So yours does sit slightly higher with the 37s

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I tried to install my 1.5" collars and failed. I could not get the perch up high enough to get the collar in. Struggled for 4 hours, put it back to stock. Super annoying but that is how it goes sometimes. I also managed to somehow **** up the stickers on the shock too with the movement of the perch.