Monster Energy Outlaw Raptor Run #1 Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad there were no camera guys placed strategically by the course. That would have made some great video and some great promotional material. Nice job guys, glad to see everyone made it through that safely.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
We were to busy DOING THINGS than to take pictures. I didn't take my DSLR because I did not want to break it and had no way to really secure it while getting stupid in the dirt. And really...who stops at 125mph or 80mph while taking jumps to take a picture?

Carnage: Bent truck frames, A Arm bushings destroyed, blown tires, power steering lines blown, brake lines melted and more.
So you averaged 102 mph and it took 10.5 hours to do the 165 miles?

So it makes me think you guys must trying to "trophy truck" over everything.......
Isn't that what the Raptor is

YouTube - ‪Outlaw Raptor run Barstow to Vegas Raptor #9 BlueSVT‬‏

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did someone actually bend their frame, or did everyones truck just get knocked out of alignment?

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, there will be videos once we can edit the footage. Almost everyone had an in-truck cam + there was a guy filming/taking photos.

When I say bent frames I mean bent frames. A few kickers sneak up on you and you will have one too. Like I said it is a crap ass design from Ford.

Who said we averaged 102 mph? I saw the other side of 110 a few times and 80+ more times that I could count. We stopped a lot so the average was pretty low - especially at the beginning.

Consider the carnage reports a disclaimer though. This was absolutely the most fun I've had in the truck and WILL be doing it again - with a beefed up truck though.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All 14 trucks bent their frames. Some worse then others. The cause of the bend is: Where the rear axle hits the bump stop, it forces the bump stop into the frame causing it to buckle. It seems that once it starts to go the problem gets worse very quickly. The first way you can notice it is, the gap between the bed and the cab is not even. The top gap is bigger and the front of the bed sits higher then the back. (looks like a dump truck) I was one of the 4 trucks who completed the run. I did bend my frame. However, it was minor compared to some. I have spoken Outlaw and SDHQ, they are both coming out with a kit to box the frame and SDHQ offers the Light Racing hydraulic bump stops which they say will help prevent it. I am talking to Ford to see if they will fix the frame under waranty (long shot I know but worth a try) if they dont fix it, I will have it staitened, box the frame and install the bump stops.