Monster Energy Outlaw Raptor Run #1 Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its official, the 1st Monster Energy Outlaw Raptor Run is in the books. The day started out with 14 Ford SVT Raptors and an International MXT w/ trailer (aka Godzilla) invading Barstow, CA. All the participants in the run met for breakfast, registered their vehicles, received Oakley Trail bags, and attended a driver’s meeting to
discuss the weekend’s events. The Raptor Run kicked off at 9:30 am and blasted through 200 miles of
Southern California desert ending in Las Vegas, NV around 8:00 pm. The first Raptor fatality was witnessed after hitting a high speed jump around mile 100 (known as the Donnelly Double Down) due to bent spindles. Several stops were made along the course along with a refueling & snack stop at state line, then back onto the trail towards Vegas. We encountered whoop sections, pole line roads, dry lake beds, rocky roads and more desert trails unpaved to challenge our driving ability. The drivers challenged themselves at their own pace and each experienced different adversities to overcome. The day was long and demanding, but the smiles of completion were among our faces when arriving in Las Vegas.

Once we settled into our rooms, we met up for dinner and had an awards ceremony with raffle giveaways. Dinner conversations were mainly focused on the course or challenges each driver had overcome. The
Donnelly brothers took the award for the “Most Challenged Driver” and “The Closest Call” by a unanimous vote. Justin Scholle and his 5.4L V8 stole the award for the “Top Raptor”.

The run was a huge success and the participants got a taste of what the open desert terrain has to offer.

Now it’s time to start the preparation for the July Run...........

Check out the web link below....

1st Monster Energy Outlaw Raptor Run Image Gallery

Attachments

• IMG_5958.jpg
    IMG_5958.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_5960.jpg
    IMG_5960.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5947.jpg
    IMG_5947.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 138

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I got texted some pics of the fun and carnage while you all were out there.

Also Connor, many thanks for helping SPRSNK distribute those FRF stickers I sent out.

Now I'm off to follow your link and check out the eye-candy.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
once again, you southwest guys have all the fun !!

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you post the actual route you took? gps map screen shot or roads you took

I did the Mojave Road to Laughlin but did not know there was a route to Vegas until I saw your contest awhile back..

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll go through my hours of video one of these days. This run was a blast and I plan on attending all the others that I can. Currently I am incapable of saying much more in a coherent manner as I am running on 17 hours sleep since I got up Friday Morning.

I will say, this is not for the faint of heart or those who are afraid of breaking their pretty trucks.