Monster Energy Outlaw Raptor Run #1 Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CL 8 2WD

Reaction score
Sure you can but it doesn't come with a warranty.

Raptor's are over priced ??? Thats like saying beauty comes from within, its just something ulgy ppl tell themselves.

No offence though bro, your truck is sick ! I owned a 97 and a 04 before my Raptor.

But you're still comparing an older model truck to a brand new fully loaded one with a warranty.......and that alone makes the the cost comparison an apple's to orange's one.

The over priced comment comes from hearing stories of guys paying 50k plus, and paying more than sticker.

The point I'm trying to make is........... I like running at speed in the desert and it cost a lot of money to do this. I'm not a rich man and work extra hours/days for my upgrades. The Raptor off the lot is the best truck on the market to do this kind of off roading. But.........falls way short of what I want or is needed to do this. For 50k I could have a serious custom Prerunner built. No warranty but who cares, it would kill a Raptor =O I guess it would be a Raptor killer =D Now I want to reiterate, the Raptor is a great truck.........but, I would not want to pay 40-50k only to remove numerous components that would need to be upgraded and throw them in the trash. Only to spend another 25k to get it right.
http://bajakits.com/long-travel-pre...ord-raptor-f150-4wd-long-travel-race-kit.html

image.raw

image.raw

sigpro.transparent.gif

That one Fity belongs to an acquaintance who came on a couple Barstow to Primm runs.

Attachments

• F12R0408_action.jpg
    F12R0408_action.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The over priced comment comes from hearing stories of guys paying 50k plus, and paying more than sticker.

The point I'm trying to make is........... I like running at speed in the desert and it cost a lot of money to do this. I'm not a rich man and work extra hours/days for my upgrades. The Raptor off the lot is the best truck on the market to do this kind of off roading. But.........falls way short of what I want or is needed to do this. For 50k I could have a serious custom Prerunner built. No warranty but who cares, it would kill a Raptor =O I guess it would be a Raptor killer =D Now I want to reiterate, the Raptor is a great truck.........but, I would not want to pay 40-50k only to remove numerous components that would need to be upgraded and throw them in the trash. Only to spend another 25k to get it right.
http://bajakits.com/long-travel-pre...ord-raptor-f150-4wd-long-travel-race-kit.html

image.raw

image.raw

sigpro.transparent.gif

That one Fity belongs to an acquaintance who came on a couple Barstow to Primm runs.

Can you take your custom prerunner on road comfortably? No

Where's your logic? Come onto a RAPTOR forum and dis the raptor. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get what you're saying CL 8... The way I see it, the Raptor is just a trim package offered by Ford. No different then a Lariat, Platinum, whatever it may be. Even a fully loaded FX2 puts you at $35k. For me, it was a simple choice, I wanted a NEW truck that had off road potential. Yes, i'm changing out plenty of factory parts but the beauty with the raptor is that you can do this at your own pace and still have a quality prerunner no matter where you stand with the project.

I ask myself all the time why I didn't start with an older model f-150 and go balls out. Although that question gets answered every time I get in the truck, take a whiff of that new car smell, fire up the 6.2, and get on that mother!
:peace:

Last edited:

CL 8 2WD

Reaction score
I get what you're saying CL 8... The way I see it, the Raptor is just a trim package offered by Ford. No different then a Lariat, Platinum, whatever it may be. Even a fully loaded FX2 puts you at $35k. For me, it was a simple choice, I wanted a NEW truck that had off road potential. Yes, i'm changing out plenty of factory parts but the beauty with the raptor is that you can do this at your own pace and still have a quality prerunner no matter where you stand with the project.

I ask myself all the time why I didn't start with an older model f-150 and go balls out. Although that question gets answered every time I get in the truck, take a whiff of that new car smell, fire up the 6.2, and get on that mother!

I can relate with that :gr_grin:

CL 8 2WD

Reaction score
Can you take your custom prerunner on road comfortably? No

Where's your logic? Come onto a RAPTOR forum and dis the raptor. Makes a lot of sense to me.

I apologize, this was not my intent.
I now realize not every Raptor owner has the same needs/wants from a truck.
I am just sharing information, the Raptor has stemmed interest in a truck design born from desert racing. This Barstow to Vegas trip showed what kind of damage can happen during this kind of driving. And to tell you the truth this trail is easy compared to what we hit here in the So.Cal. high desert.
I also just realized that not all Raptor owners live in So.Cal. , Nevada or Arizona. the center of desert racing with numerous Shop's that can Fab the truck of your dreams. There are kids/young men here that weld & fab there own Prerunners & even race cars in there garage. So with all this going on the technology and parts available to build a cost effective Prerunner with near race car performance are very accessible. But again hard core desert guys here care more about suspension travel and shock valving rather than cruise control or heated seats.
Again the Raptor is the best truck hands down off the shelf, it just depends what you want to do how fast you want to go ( through the whoops) and how best to accomplish this without unlimited resources.

Thanks

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score

X 1,000:peace:

I apologize, this was not my intent.
I now realize not every Raptor owner has the same needs/wants from a truck.
I am just sharing information, the Raptor has stemmed interest in a truck design born from desert racing. This Barstow to Vegas trip showed what kind of damage can happen during this kind of driving. And to tell you the truth this trail is easy compared to what we hit here in the So.Cal. high desert.
I also just realized that not all Raptor owners live in So.Cal. , Nevada or Arizona. the center of desert racing with numerous Shop's that can Fab the truck of your dreams. There are kids/young men here that weld & fab there own Prerunners & even race cars in there garage. So with all this going on the technology and parts available to build a cost effective Prerunner with near race car performance are very accessible. But again hard core desert guys here care more about suspension travel and shock valving rather than cruise control or heated seats.
Again the Raptor is the best truck hands down off the shelf, it just depends what you want to do how fast you want to go ( through the whoops) and how best to accomplish this without unlimited resources.

Thanks

It's all good man, we more than welcome guys who have the knowledge of this stuff around here:waytogo: I see where you're coming from with a truck that can run like a champ, but Raptizzle's comment above sums up a Raptor perfectly. We realize there's a lot of vehicles running around the desert that will make short work of a Raptor and is overall cheaper but, it's the entire package and idea that makes the Raptor what it is.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
But you're still comparing an older model truck to a brand new fully loaded one with a warranty.......and that alone makes the the cost comparison an apple's to orange's one.

Not to mention I don't know too many guys that have an "extra $30K laying around" let alone the down time to build the truck :crazy:...........point is that it is very possible to build any truck "better" than the Raptor for "cheaper".......but how many trucks are out there that are turn key ready, with a warranty, that you can just drive off the showroom floor like the Raptor......go ahead.....I'll wait

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to mention I don't know too many guys that have an "extra $30K laying around" let alone the down time to build the truck :crazy:...........point is that it is very possible to build any truck "better" than the Raptor for "cheaper".......but how many trucks are out there that are turn key ready, with a warranty, that you can just drive off the showroom floor like the Raptor......go ahead.....I'll wait

Yep and, buying a new Raptor you can borrow the money to get this at 0% financing then take your cash to upgrade to make the Raptor the badass truck you want...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A two wheel drive prerunner wouldn't do shit for me in the middle of January. Had to be 4x4 to make it feasible for myself. Lots of variables in the "I can build a Raptor cheaper" theory. Its comparing apples to donkeys.