Mods you regret doing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
I thought it would be helpfull to the forum to get the bad experiances with mods out there,customer service,and whatever you may now regret doing to your Raptor so others may not have to spend thier hard earned money on something that will fail. I have done alot to my truck and here are my regrets... Recon tailights,they take on water and the customer service sucks,Rigid dualy's also take on water but thier customer service is great and they took care of the issue on the third set. I had problems with my ADD bumpers,the welds were rusting but they payed to have them linexed and are a solid company and stand behind thier work and I would do buisness with them again for sure. If you check my mods list you will see all ive done and It's addictive to want more and more as we all see others moding thier Raptors,Just dont want vendors taking our money if they are selling headaches! :patriot:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
not sure which i regret more: going to top perch, or dropping back to middle perch. i miss the look of top perch(a lot), but regretted it for the ride quality.

I love the ride of middle perch, but it just doesn't look as beast mode as it used to.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not sure which i regret more: going to top perch, or dropping back to middle perch. i miss the look of top perch(a lot), but regretted it for the ride quality.

I love the ride of middle perch, but it just doesn't look as beast mode as it used to.

Same problem I'm having. I may just have to go to the 3.0 coilovers with swaybar removed. Now that I have the plushness of the stage 3 in the rear, it really makes the front feel rigid and stiff...

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Roush CAI when off road. An open air box is a stupid idea! The hood vents allow water right on the damn filter and the water, mud, dirt etc. flow right through the grill allowing you to suck up everything. :banghead:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Same problem I'm having. I may just have to go to the 3.0 coilovers with swaybar removed. Now that I have the plushness of the stage 3 in the rear, it really makes the front feel rigid and stiff...

I'm really glad to hear your input on this Birdman and Phyguy, as I was considering going higher to stuff the 36" Swamper IROK's I can get on sale... I'm not in the market for new shocks (lol - less than 1000 miles on mine) but am cautious about going to the top perch now.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm really glad to hear your input on this Birdman and Phyguy, as I was considering going higher to stuff the 36" Swamper IROK's I can get on sale... I'm not in the market for new shocks (lol - less than 1000 miles on mine) but am cautious about going to the top perch now.

X2...

I was thinking about top perch to handle my wheel tire combo but not interested to much. I'll figure it out.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I went back and forth many times before settling on the mid perch mod. I figured that I would start there and I'm sticking with it. I love the ride and the look of the mid perch. :waytogo:

fbmdkgad

Reaction score
Minor items
Mudflap - Profit #8 up front - go with the bigger size up front as the #8 still allows to much spray. #8 in the back is fine
Spider Diff Cover - My only complaint is MY choice of color. I chose the grey which blends very well with the bumper and flares but IMAO gets lost in the truck. I would go with a bolder color if I was to do it over again.