Mandatory Recaro Seats and Blue Interior with 37’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don’t have it backwards at all in fact. I was referring to the instrument panel dashboard gauges which include RPM and speed and so on. The Gen 3 Rap has a fully digital instrument panel. The TRX is still on the old school set up.

The interior of the GEN 3 is very sleek and modern. It has a lot of tech in it now, and I can see a lot of people are having a hard time adapting. The fully digital dash board is phenomenal. Also, the Recaro seats are quality. i had them in my Gen 2, and they were amazing.
Are you by chance related to Mr or Ms. Smurf? Long lost cousin or other? :bleh:

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s funny how all of you are complaining about the blue interior based on some poorly taken washed out pics.
When I was looking at the Gen2 to order I was hesitant on ordering the blue because of washed out pics.
When I finally seen a true owners blue recaro pic on here I pulled the trigger and glad I did.
To each his own but to flame people because of their choice is just stupid,just like a few people on this site.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Nope, I don’t have it backwards at all in fact. I was referring to the instrument panel dashboard gauges which include RPM and speed and so on. The Gen 3 Rap has a fully digital instrument panel. The TRX is still on the old school set up.

The interior of the GEN 3 is very sleek and modern. It has a lot of tech in it now, and I can see a lot of people are having a hard time adapting. The fully digital dash board is phenomenal. Also, the Recaro seats are quality. i had them in my Gen 2, and they were amazing.

Got it now. I had a feeling I was misunderstanding your post.

The G3 and TRX interiors have very different feels to me. The G3 styling is boxy and workmanlike, whereas the lines in the TRX interior are more contoured and sporty. Both fit their respective exterior styling profile, in my opinion.

As for tech - each has it's advantages. The all-digital display in the G3 is nice, but I'd trade that in a heartbeat for a HUD, which the F150 does not offer. TRX also offers a digital rearview mirror.

I do prefer having manual button options for climate and audio though. I think the all-digital controls in the TRX would annoy me over time.

And not to beat a dead horse here, but I really wish the Recaro seats were offered in black. Hell, I just want to see the 801A interior at this point.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s funny how all of you are complaining about the blue interior based on some poorly taken washed out pics.
When I was looking at the Gen2 to order I was hesitant on ordering the blue because of washed out pics.
When I finally seen a true owners blue recaro pic on here I pulled the trigger and glad I did.
To each his own but to flame people because of their choice is just stupid,just like a few people on this site.
Before I bought my GEN 2 I was thinking the same thing. When you see it in person it is sleek.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do prefer having manual button options for climate and audio though. I think the all-digital controls in the TRX would annoy me over time.

TRX has buttons/dials for audio and climate. It looks as though it actually has more buttons and such then the Gen 3. Almost too busy. The layout of the TRX with buttons on the side/bottom as if they are integrated screen makes the screen look bigger than it actual is. And I like bigger screens. I also think I like the vertical screen better, but not 100% sure on that. It's what I'm used to. However, as I said before, the TRX is busy, and I think I'd prefer the design and layout of F150 more.

I do like the black and red color scheme quite a bit, but...and this may seem strange, I don't like it as much when it's the standard interior colors. I'd rather have it all neutral and add accents as I wish.

And not to beat a dead horse here, but I really wish the Recaro seats were offered in black. Hell, I just want to see the 801A interior at this point.

People seem to keep forgetting that the issue isn't so much whether the blue interior looks good or not, as that's clearly subjective, but that the blue interior is tied to the 37 package. That's down right unAmerican! No freedom! (don't take that all too seriously)

Really, if it were up to me, there would be a lot more options to the interior, so people can get the interior exactly they way they want it. I get that it would raise costs up, but at least have more easily removable parts with aftermarket options available.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 % agree. When I first saw the Gen 3 blue interior I wasn't impressed and didn't like it. But after seeing more pics of the Blue interior and seeing the Gen 2 blue interior in person I changed my mind. I caught holly hell from another forum member for changing my mind. Everyone has their own opinion and everyone has the right to change their mind. In the end I'm going with the 37 Package with Blue interior and could care less what others think.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
100 % agree. When I first saw the Gen 3 blue interior I wasn't impressed and didn't like it. But after seeing more pics of the Blue interior and seeing the Gen 2 in person I changed my mind. I caught holly hell from another forum member for changing my mind. Everyone has their own opinion and everyone has the right to change their mind. In the end I'm going with the 37 Package with Blue interior and could care less what others think.
I am on the fence. I’d like to see the build pics, it’s a $3500 difference in what I have selected.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100 % agree. When I first saw the Gen 3 blue interior I wasn't impressed and didn't like it. But after seeing more pics of the Blue interior and seeing the Gen 2 blue interior in person I changed my mind. I caught holly hell from another forum member for changing my mind. Everyone has their own opinion and everyone has the right to change their mind. In the end I'm going with the 37 Package with Blue interior and could care less what others think.
You pay for it, you get what you want. What do you care what anyone thinks? If I were buying today, I'd probably get the **** blue interior so that I could have 37s. I'd just order white or gray or blue for the paint and not look back. I remember back in the '60s and '70s, many interiors were blue. It didn't kill anyone. But bell bottoms? I'm sure that bell bottoms killed a few people.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are getting the better truck. I am also going with a 37 truck.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then stop looking in the mirror...you want blue...buy it...I want black..and since Ford has their head up their ass forcing blue for their top product...i'll switch it up for a year or two...

Hopefully the R wont have some pink or rainbow interior to match this ****** up generation...maybe you'll like that too...

I want BLACK!!! After all..isn't it "black interiors matter?" Come on Ford...give us black...