Mandatory Recaro Seats and Blue Interior with 37’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, G2 looks great. Gen 3 really is abhorrent, same with the all blue limited interior. Simply can't understand why they do that.
I guess it's all about personal preference, as I think the Gen 3 interior looks better. Just my humble opinion.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's all about personal preference, as I think the Gen 3 interior looks better. Just my humble opinion.
I like everything BUT the blue. The layout, design, quality of materials seems to be a big step up. The blue color (I've only seen videos and pics) doesn't do it for me. Like you said, all personal preference. I would so much prefer some red or navy blue trim and seat inserts to the all blue everything. I know that's not unique, but it has a much broader appeal.

D

Deleted member 17706

The thread title is literally about the blue interior. Probably should just go ahead and stay out of it.

Yes, the thread is about the blue interior. Too bad no one has anything substantive to say besides the same complaints everyday that have already been posited.....

I plan on ordering AMB and the blue interior.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also don't care for the orange flags on the sides or the orange steering wheel string. I like the flag and the stripe, just not in orange...and I realize this is on every Raptor, just not the smurf package. These are much smaller though, and something that can more easily be changed out, so I can better deal with it.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why does everyone keep bringing up the Gen 2 Recaro seats? They are not comparable, and the entire cabin design is different, too.

It is hard to tell with the lighting, but it not clear to me that the blues are even the same color between G2 and G3.

And on the G3s, every upholstered surface is blue, even in the rest of the cabin.

I think the G2 seats look great. The G3s are an abortion.
I didn't realize the interior had changed that much. As far as the color between G2 & G3, for some reason the blue alcantara looks dark in person, and much lighter/brighter in pictures. If you hop in my truck, you wouldn't even think about the color of the interior, it just looks dark. I hope the new one looks good in person, because the Recaro seats are awesome to drive in.

Jax L

Reaction score
All these people posting about Gen 2 Recaro seats being great (I agree), but they're NOT remotely the same as this Gen 3 blue interior (seats, doors panels, dash etc.). It's a massive change and not the same thing... They're missing the point.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone keep bringing up the Gen 2 Recaro seats? They are not comparable, and the entire cabin design is different, too.

Gen 2:

View attachment 167795
View attachment 167796

Gen 3:

View attachment 167797
View attachment 167798
View attachment 167801

It is hard to tell with the lighting, but it not clear to me that the blues are even the same color between G2 and G3.

And on the G3s, every upholstered surface is blue, even in the rest of the cabin.

I think the G2 seats look great. The G3s are an abortion.

the final blue is different. It is already different on the Ford website. Don’t despair