2024 Raptor Quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rp2024

Reaction score
Fro those if you that picked up your 2024 Raptor what type of quality issues are you noticing?

I should have done a better job at doing my own checks but hey you get excited when picking up a new truck.

Here are issues I noted:
1.) The tailgate appliqué seems to be loose. Seen a post under the raptor R with the same issue.
2.) Front cabin trim pieces have gaps (fairly big gaps). A child could have probably put it together better. I am more mad at me for not seeing those when I picked up the truck (see pictures).

The dealership says they just need to pop the trims in place and that they should not need to remove any trim. Not too sure about that. I read the tailgate appliqué was part of an enhanced PDI checklist, I doubt my dealership did a good job checking things.

My build is a Jan 2024 build snd I just picked it up last Friday.

Not so much quality issues but Ford has made the interior a bit cheaper:
1.) the "new" door trim and dash material feels very cheap. My 2023 Raptor had a more solid material. It almost feels that you can damage this material fairly easily.
2.) Part of the seat trims material is very very cheap compared to the 2023 Raptor (maybe even prior models). Previously on the regular Raptor seats felt like suede. This new material feels like a really cheap fabric.

Not sure if anyone noticed but from the early builds to newer builds the msrp increased about $350. You'd think that with increasing prices they at least try to do better quality at Ford. So much for holding these trucks up for quality issues its obvious that is not Ford's strong area.

I still love the truck and I personally like the refreshed front and HUD. Check your trucks!! Not good for me but hopefully you guys don't have similar issues.

tempImageklX5p7.jpgtempImageDsmguG.jpgtempImagehJ0BbL.jpg

Last edited:

zachery55

Reaction score
I gots a decent list on mine as well. Same for the rear appliqué, corrosion on the dual valves, my passenger seat ventilation does not work it grinds against the back seat like there is no support installed. Missing the roof trim on the exterior. Which makes me wonder if it’s supposed to be there or not. The Tito temp settings don’t work at all. Stay on last setting, which as of late it’s cold in morning and hot in afternoon so I have to manually adjust once start truck. The remote start seems to work but once I start up then it changes to previous settings. May be normal not really sure and can’t find a setting to change so who knows lol. Window lock doesn’t work. Windows were still able to be rolled down when my tint was curing… rust on the rear axle is a bummer but fixable. Everything is a bit sluggish electronically wise. Which I’m sure will get better with use. Same for the engine breaking in. All in all I can’t complain to much bit those are the big ones right now. Thankfully all easily fixed and warrantied but always a pain in the butt to deal with especially at this price point.

OP
OP
R

rp2024

Reaction score
2 posts. just joined despite having a 2023, complains about quality didn't notice any of that when looking to buy. Seems legit.
Just because I just joined my issues are not legit? If you read I mentioned "I should have done a better job at doing my own checks but hey you get excited when picking up a new truck" in my original post. I also did mention on my original post that I still love the truck. Issues should be fixed under warranty, but that does not take away from the lack of quality oversight at Ford. I posted so others could check at time of delivery.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have trim pieces that are scratched from assembly and a gouge in my air bag cover. I should of had the dealer document it when i bought the truck, now i think Ford will just say i caused it

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just because I just joined my issues are not legit? If you read I mentioned "I should have done a better job at doing my own checks but hey you get excited when picking up a new truck" in my original post. I also did mention on my original post that I still love the truck. Issues should be fixed under warranty, but that does not take away from the lack of quality oversight at Ford. I posted so others could check at time of delivery.
There has been a rash of new users who's first couple of posts is to complain about ford or something about the truck. Happens every time a new trim or MY drops.

Usually it's a Chevy or Toyota troll.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have not gotten the memo. Ford does not make mistakes. Ford is god around here. So if there is anything wrong with your truck, it's definitely your fault.

Raptorman19

Reaction score
This is so much better than my 2019 was when it came in. My 2024 is actually flawless on the outside with the exception to the tailgate piece and that should be a painless fix. I did find about a baseball size of extra tape all over the truck in the oddest places but not a big deal kind of funny really.

I have zero rust on the frame or axels my 2019 was pure rust on delivery.

Posted on another post too. The interior has some small issues and bug me because the truck really is great overall. My top dash piece has a small tear and not fitted the best on the driver side extra material hanging out. The gauge cluster is scratched but I think the dealer did it, but it bugs me the same maybe even more because it probably was fine when it was delivered to the dealer. I am hesitant of having the dealer touch it to repair, possible cause more issues.

Attachments

• thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 101
  • thumbnail_image0.jpg
    thumbnail_image0.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited: