2024 Raptor Quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here you are, a person who admittedly doesn’t own or want to own a Raptor, posting about quality issues on an F-150 Raptor forum. And you are asking someone who actually is invested in this community, and does drive the vehicle, why they care so much?

The irony is thick with you.
He owns a Raptor…a damn good looking Raptor if I may add. I think he’s speaking in terms of a ‘24…not owning a ‘24.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been in the Raptor scene since 2017. Every year is the "worst year" to buy a Raptor lol. So far the vehicle with the most flaws out of the gate was my 2023 37PP. I had charging issues, rattles, creaky panels, and worst of all some electrical gremlins in the interior. The radio would shut on and off. The speakers would pop. The volume would randomly gain to ear piercing levels. Screen would strobe light. I chased them for 6 months until I was just over it and traded it in for a Braptor. Was worried what would crop up later.

QC issues with vehicles are like reading reviews on Yelp. Only the ones with something to say will speak. The rest are lucky and don't have anything to say.

I feel like 1st half of the year vehicles get more bugs than the 2nd half of the year but thats just anecdotal.

NACHOMASTER

Reaction score
He owns a Raptor…a damn good looking Raptor if I may add. I think he’s speaking in terms of a ‘24…not owning a ‘24.

Thanks, that makes a LOT more sense. I’m pretty new here so my apologies.

bossracer78

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this recommendation just your personal preference/feel good, put the mind at ease preventative approach or do you access to some data that I haven't seen yet regarding 2024 ecoboosts? I ask because I would truly like to know if this recommendation is from a Ford engineer or another verified automotive powertrain engineer? It would be really nice to have some definitive data from Ford or truly reputable sources so everyone could follow and bring clarification. The manual specifically calls out break-in period but nothing is mentioned about oil changes besides following the intelligent oil life monitor
I am going in for a 1,000 mile oil/filter. For me, it's a personal preference. Manufacturers will tell you 5K because that is industry standard. I assume most Raptor guys (or gals) are motor heads. I am a motor head. I have vintaged raced for many years, collected performance Fords, etc. A quick oil/filter, and then I am going to start to mash the go pedal. The truck is speced to do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, so it is no slouch. I plan on exercising it like I do my own body. Within reason, but push it nonetheless.

One of my past rides. Original TA racecar. Race car motors last about 30 hours, cost a lot to rebuild. An ounce of prevention = a pound of cure.:cool:

Attachments

• e_PNW Boss #78.jpeg
    e_PNW Boss #78.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
I am going in for a 1,000 mile oil/filter. For me, it's a personal preference. Manufacturers will tell you 5K because that is industry standard. I assume most Raptor guys (or gals) are motor heads. I am a motor head. I have vintaged raced for many years, collected performance Fords, etc. A quick oil/filter, and then I am going to start to mash the go pedal. The truck is speced to do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, so it is no slouch. I plan on exercising it like I do my own body. Within reason, but push it nonetheless.

One of my past rides. Original TA racecar. Race car motors last about 30 hours, cost a lot to rebuild. An ounce of prevention = a pound of cure.:cool:
Yeah, I'm totally ok with personal preference and doing what anyone feels is best for your investment. I don't think industry standard is 5k anymore because ford doesn't state a specific mileage in the manual. I've seen many make statements on when it should be changed but it's not followed with any true data as to why they go against the manufacture's recommendations. Many of us bring our own personal biases, old school knowledge of what we learned from Pop's/Grandpa, etc. I don't fault anyone for thinking the way they do but I always like to understand the why a definitive statement was made on recommendations of what others should do/follow. I'm getting old and still want to learn but give me some explanation as to the why? Even if it's "My PeePa burned sage after every oil change on his 57 Buick and it lasted over 200k so that's what I do!"

With all that said, I still prefer known, sources cited, repeatable scientific tested validation.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Anybody notice how easily the interior plastics scratch?
Remember the SN95 Mustangs? I trashed the driver’s door trim with sun block. Yup, the SPF 30 sun block ate away the interior color on the trim.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anybody notice how easily the interior plastics scratch?
I wouldn't say mine "scratches" easily, but leaves marks that have to be cleaned thoroughly unbelievably easily. Every "scratch" or mark I've made so far I've been able to remove with a damp microfiber towel.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Remember the SN95 Mustangs? I trashed the driver’s door trim with sun block. Yup, the SPF 30 sun block ate away the interior color on the trim.
Bro... I own one hahah. I have replaced the "door cards" and the dash stereo trim with units from LMR. The interior on the SN95s is the WORST. Im currently trying to figure out if racing seats will make a difference for my 6'8 ass.

Wartman

Reaction score
Anyone notice a dash creaking sound on the drivers side, by the HUD/A pillar area? It's pretty slight, but still annoying when driving without the music on. Almost sounds like a plastic on plastic creaking over every little bump. Haven't been able to isolate it yet when putting pressure on the various trim pieces while driving.