Love the raptor but hate ford dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most stealerships suck. I had appointments for a week now for my Boss 302's to get the trackey. Needlessly to say, it isn't happening now because they didn't order the parts needed to do the service I made the appointment for. I miss Lexus. Just wish they had a decent sports car that didn't cost 250k.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have bad luck with dealerships too. I have the clunk that I couldn't get fixed by one dealership. I called and filed a claim. Go back and forth with them for over a week. My part number on the current axle doesn't match the clunk ones but it still does it. They tell me to go to a different dealership. I do. They drive it and found if you go and brake hard to a stop, then go the sound is more apparent. Then they say its the rear suspension making the sound. WTF. They said if it gets worse to bring it back. I still need to.

I've had the same thing going on with the clunk. I just haven't brought it to the dealership yet. I'm thinking of sticking the Go-Pro down there to video the clunk. Maybe try that, and what they say then.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned fords all my life and everyone has their opinions but dont blame it on the company. You've got good dealerships and ****** ones which goes for almost every make out there. Your rattle may be from the exhaust...I know on the previous f150s theres a plate right above the exhaust that makes a nasty ass rattle noise that you can hear from within the cab. Man up get under there and find the cause then point it directly out when you go to the next dealer.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are literally 10 ford dealerships within a 30 mile radius and there is only one of them that I would trust going to.

Its not a Ford problem, its a dealer problem.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I don't know about your area but the Ford dealer I go to has a commercial truck section and it is run like a proper service department. The non commercial section of the dealership won't guarantee they will even get to look at my truck (with a 7am appointment) when going in for an oil change. Needless to say, the "truck shop" had me out of there in less than 35min. They also have a national Raptor tech and do all the FRP installs for the dealership. While I have no complaints now that I have found a properly run service department, its still doesn't hold a candle to Infiniti service. I really do miss having a 300+hp RWD loaner WHENEVER I needed it.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about your area but the Ford dealer I go to has a commercial truck section and it is run like a proper service department. The non commercial section of the dealership won't guarantee they will even get to look at my truck (with a 7am appointment) when going in for an oil change. Needless to say, the "truck shop" had me out of there in less than 35min. They also have a national Raptor tech and do all the FRP installs for the dealership. While I have no complaints now that I have found a properly run service department, its still doesn't hold a candle to Infiniti service. I really do miss having a 300+hp RWD loaner WHENEVER I needed it.

CineSLR, please PM me the dealership you are referring to. I live in St. Tammany and although I don't have my Raptor yet, this info could become beneficial for me in the near future. Thanks!

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Ford dealer like most all new vehicle deals are independantly owned. The do not have to do any warranty work on your Raptor if the choose not to. I have butted heads with many BMW dealers over the years. They all you they same line, take it to the dealer you bought it from. Not limited to Ford. Just A-hole dealers that want to make a sale rather than a customer.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call my wife Nicole Robins @ Theodore Robins Ford in Costa Mesa. She'll make sure you'll be taken care of. Dealership number: 949-642-0010 ext: 213

HB Ford has the worst rep around town....

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
It shouldn't be your last Ford... it should be the last time you deal with HB. I have driven long and far to avoid ****** dealers. F them.

I have always had great success writing letters to Dealership owners, Regional Managers, CEOs, etc.. Write one letter and CC: everyone so they all realize who got copies of your letter. To further instill a sense of how serious you are, have it sent registered mail.

Don't blame the brand for a ****** dealer.. amazingly there are still a lot of them out there.. of ALL brands. Some of the A-holes even spread their craptastic service by owning dealers across multiple brands further infecting the world.

Spot on...........thank you, thank you, thank you.

CactoesGel

Reaction score
I agree with most - do not blame the company, every dealer is different. I've had BMWs for years and have had great luck with my dealership, they've been good to me.

The question is, does Ford or any other brands have any control over these practices by their dealerships, some sort of Quality Control?