KIDOR Lemon Law Denied and Suspension Warranty Cancelled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Is it all in the wrist?

Hilariously enough, the secret to keeping a gen2 with big tires happy offroad is ... wait for it.

wait for it.

wait for it.

soft hands.

I wear gloves when i drive my truck hard. they help me to not try to muscle the wheel. You can absolutely overcorrect the steering and cause things to break if you don't let the truck do its thing.

Vehicle preservation is absolutely a skill that takes time to develop. I can't comment on how Helio drives offroad, but I highly doubt that he's developed some unique bad habit that is causing all of his steering shake woes.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say ... this guy is a bit of an idiot. I've messaged him before on Instagram asking him questions out of curiosity and "lightly" suggesting he abuses the hell out of his truck, and has done a ton of mods etc. that are quite obviously causing him issue on the thing and you can see he has little actual skill when it comes to his own repairs. The dude and his son need a kick to the groin; he's about as greasy as his hair IMO.

That being said, I have a small bit of understanding in general in the way that if everyone was 100% honest about this truck stock and Ford's practices ... even things like not including a proper camber/caster lock and a few other corners cut for the price, and I've also had a Ford dealer lie through their teeth about what's "normal" and not etc. I don't disagree with some of the other comments here about Ford ducking / dodging warranty claims. This guy though ... I don't believe at all for a second he falls within that category, and is extreme. Not to mention Ford actually fixed this guys truck with major repairs several times, and the guy immediately went out with his giggling son and beat the **** out of it, broke it ... then got it repaired again. He doesn't have a lemon, he beat the shit out of it and modded it several times over.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WHen the gen 3 comes out, you can swap the steering rack in that one, should solve all problems since 37's will be the new norm from FORD!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
WHen the gen 3 comes out, you can swap the steering rack in that one, should solve all problems since 37's will be the new norm from FORD!

last time I checked, there were 3 different, concurrent part numbers just for 2018 raptor steering racks.

When you swap an incompatible part into the truck, it will let you steer, but the modes don't work and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree, even after initialization/programming.

I highly doubt that a gen3 rack will work.

yes, I have damaged a steering rack and had to replace it. yes, it was my fault.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
last time I checked, there were 3 different, concurrent part numbers just for 2018 raptor steering racks.

When you swap an incompatible part into the truck, it will let you steer, but the modes don't work and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree, even after initialization/programming.

I highly doubt that a gen3 rack will work.

yes, I have damaged a steering rack and had to replace it. yes, it was my fault.
I was being facetious, the whole electronic steering worries me for an offroad truck, another reason to keep my Gen 1. Maybe the Raptor R will have mechanical steering again.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
To play devil's advocate, Ford has changed out nearly every hard component in the steering rack for him (some parts multiple times) and the issue still exists, FWIW I think he may be onto something that it's a computer issue that's reading small steering angle deflections and over boosting the steering wheel. For that and that reason alone I think he has a case and it is at least worth the cost to reflash or figure out what's going on w/ the electronic side of the steering rack. I cede my time to @FordTechOne if that's even an option or remotely possible. I just think it's strange that issue isn't more prevalent with similarly modified trucks (eibachs and 37's being very common mods).

The flip side is that this IS NOT LEMON LAW nor should it EVER be covered under warranty. His attempts to go back to stock and to get Ford to foot the bill for $1000s worth of hard components and labor is disingenuous at best and fraudulent at worst. Documenting it on the internet is also a smooth brain move. If I were him and you really wanted the issue resolved you have to level with the shop doing the work and be prepared to foot the bill. Simply passing the buck (literally and figuratively) impacts all of us, creates more stress on the already limited availability of parts and forces Ford to pass those costs to you and me.

I've tuned my truck. You know what that means? If a piston goes through my hood I'm buying a new block, I'm paying for the labor to fix it, or I'm buying a Coyote crate engine and converting it AT MY OWN COST because that's the responsibility you take when you modify out of spec. It's disappointing that a creator with as much online persona as KIDOR/Helio has cannot take responsibility for his modifications and seems determined to take Ford down to cover his mistakes.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guy is a con artist. He modified his truck, beats the living hell out of it, and then wants his issues covered under factory warranty? He even admits that when he brings it to the dealer, he swaps back to to factory tire size so they don’t know he’s running oversize tires. He’s blatantly commits warranty fraud and films it. I hope he not only loses in court, but ends up with a stack of legal bills. Idiots like this guy are what drives up the cost of vehicles for the rest of us.

Scumbags are gonna scumbag.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
To play devil's advocate, Ford has changed out nearly every hard component in the steering rack for him (some parts multiple times) and the issue still exists, FWIW I think he may be onto something that it's a computer issue that's reading small steering angle deflections and over boosting the steering wheel. For that and that reason alone I think he has a case and it is at least worth the cost to reflash or figure out what's going on w/ the electronic side of the steering rack. I cede my time to @FordTechOne if that's even an option or remotely possible. I just think it's strange that issue isn't more prevalent with similarly modified trucks (eibachs and 37's being very common mods).

The flip side is that this IS NOT LEMON LAW nor should it EVER be covered under warranty. His attempts to go back to stock and to get Ford to foot the bill for $1000s worth of hard components and labor is disingenuous at best and fraudulent at worst. Documenting it on the internet is also a smooth brain move. If I were him and you really wanted the issue resolved you have to level with the shop doing the work and be prepared to foot the bill. Simply passing the buck (literally and figuratively) impacts all of us, creates more stress on the already limited availability of parts and forces Ford to pass those costs to you and me.

I've tuned my truck. You know what that means? If a piston goes through my hood I'm buying a new block, I'm paying for the labor to fix it, or I'm buying a Coyote crate engine and converting it AT MY OWN COST because that's the responsibility you take when you modify out of spec. It's disappointing that a creator with as much online persona as KIDOR/Helio has cannot take responsibility for his modifications and seems determined to take Ford down to cover his mistakes.
Yeah, the whole premise is stupid. Dude is mad he can no longer game the system. Boohoo, I'll make a video about it and show how dishonest I am to the entire world.

What if any of you owned an independent garage and replaced a bunch of stock parts on a Tundra, or whatever, offer a 6 month warranty on parts and labor. Next day the customer puts taller springs and larger tires on, in his driveway, then comes back crying because his steering wheel feel off or shakes when doing off-roading. He comes in and lies to your face then posts videos of himself beating the living shit out of it online, with aftermarket parts.

Come'on Man!

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it says a lot about the guy when he starts out the video with him and his son basically suggesting that if you don’t agree with them or see it their way you are dumb or an idiot. They insult the viewer right out of the box.

That’s what I got out of their little “keyboard warrior” skit at the beginning of the video.