2020: Two Warranty Case Studies & Good Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KAH 24

KAH 24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MrT @GordoJay @DFS

My apologies for misinterpreting anyone earlier as that was not my intent.

Mr. T, stick with 35” OEM size 315/70 17 tire/wheels and I doubt you will encounter any issues. Yes, there are OEM size tires heavier, but they do not create the problems that larger diameter tires/rims (wheel assemblies) create.

I am 100% by the book and look at everything through an OEM operational mindset and consider every department and variable that exists—especially drivetrains which affect P&L.

Regardless of weight (within any reasonable margin)— a larger diameter tire/rim (wheel package) creates excess force on every single component in the drivetrain—that was not designed to spec to handle it.

By the time one encounters the “squealing/clunking” issue—it is the result of the abuse of something added to the “ecosystem” that was not intended to be there.

NOTE: I have a significant problem with anyone who jumps over a vehicle filled with Nuns. As a devout Catholic, I revere the Sisters. Jumping over their transport—will create bad “Karma” which will cause components in your vehicle to fail (and no amount of engineering can overcome this—nor any other form of unethical behavior).

Good evening all, and let’s keep enjoying our Raptors—and paying for what we break when we choose to modify outside of OEM parameters.

Ford built a tremendous vehicle for those of us who appreciate it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
NOTE: I have a significant problem with anyone who jumps over a vehicle filled with Nuns. As a devout Catholic, I revere the Sisters. Jumping over their transport—will create bad “Karma” which will cause components in your vehicle to fail
Wait... what if a Nun in a borrowed Raptor jumped over a bus full of Nuns? I believe this would negate the bad karma associated with this venial sin, in fact, rendering it not sinful.

Nuns have places to be, making the Raptor a great candidate for Nun transport. Just sayin’.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
@KAH24 @DFS
I too as DFS am not a “Ring Bearer” but I did go to a Catholic (Christian Brother) Military HS. and serve 27yrs in the Army.
My claim to fame, for KAH24’s benefit, is that my good friend and neighbor is/was General Garrison Holt Davidson’s son Skip. KAH24 I’m sure is “Quite Familiar” with General Davidson’s Legacy as the Superintendent and Football Coach of The Point. Along with being one of the youngest General’s of WWII.
I would sit and listen for hours to Skip tell of his and his father’s adventures.
Skip would tell me stories of President Eisenhower stopping by their house and asking Skip to pour him another whiskey, how General Davidson would drive the President over to West Point to see a game, leaving his Secret Service Detail at the house. The General would bring the President in a side entrance and they would watch the game from the field w/o anyone ever knowing he was there.
Skip had a Luger that his father had taken from Romel I believe. He had the M1A1 that The Point had given him, Chrome Barrel, engraved and some of the most Beautiful Wood you have ever seen on a Firearm!
I’m off my meds, Where was I going with all this???? Ohhh, I remember…
I don’t know s<>t about mass x velocity etc. except as it relates to accident reconstruction. I do know Firearms and I relate this to our “OEM WARRANTY “ discussion..
I had many idiots, errr Officers “Modify” their Duty Firearm!?! Wolf competition barrels, mercury filled-recoil reducing FNING Guide Rods ( ***??), competition extended Slide-Stops..etc. and of course their s<>t would break, usually when they were attending one of my classes, under “heavy use” and luckily not when they needed to save their azzzz or someone else’s. They of course would cry, try to get Glock, Colt, Beretta etc. to fix the problem they created. In this case modification of the OEM would/could have deadly consequences. In our case it just voids our warranty and costs us some coin. I always have an ESP and leave it stock, due to my “ Lack of Coin”
As a side-bar, if someone would like to start a John’s Gen3, Go Fund Me page, I would be forever indebted to you ;)

OP
OP
KAH 24

KAH 24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@KAH24 @DFS
I too as DFS am not a “Ring Bearer” but I did go to a Catholic (Christian Brother) Military HS. and serve 27yrs in the Army.
My claim to fame, for KAH24’s benefit, is that my good friend and neighbor is/was General Garrison Holt Davidson’s son Skip. KAH24 I’m sure is “Quite Familiar” with General Davidson’s Legacy as the Superintendent and Football Coach of The Point. Along with being one of the youngest General’s of WWII.
I would sit and listen for hours to Skip tell of his and his father’s adventures.
Skip would tell me stories of President Eisenhower stopping by their house and asking Skip to pour him another whiskey, how General Davidson would drive the President over to West Point to see a game, leaving his Secret Service Detail at the house. The General would bring the President in a side entrance and they would watch the game from the field w/o anyone ever knowing he was there.
Skip had a Luger that his father had taken from Romel I believe. He had the M1A1 that The Point had given him, Chrome Barrel, engraved and some of the most Beautiful Wood you have ever seen on a Firearm!
I don’t know s<>t about mass x velocity etc. except as it relates to accident reconstruction. I do know Firearms and I relate this to our “OEM WARRANTY “ discussion..
I had many idiots, errr Officers “Modify” their Duty Firearm!?! Wolf competition barrels, mercury filled-recoil reducing FNING Guide Rods ( ***??), competition extended Slide-Stops..etc. and of course their s<>t would break, usually when they were attending one of my classes, under “heavy use” and luckily not when they needed to save their azzzz or someone else’s. They of course would cry, try to get Glock, Colt, Beretta etc. to fix the problem they created. In this case modification of the OEM would/could have deadly consequences. In our case it just voids our warranty and costs us some coin. I always have an ESP and leave it stock, due to my “ Lack of Coin”
As a side-bar, if someone would like to start a John’s Gen3, Go Fund Me page, I would be forever indebted to you ;)
@John M

Sir, thank you for your service to our Nation.

As a former officer and occasional idiot (especially during my butter bar days)—at least I’ve kept my weapons mods to a minimum (I generally don’t mess with the internals except for recoil springs if I’m firing +P ammo). Of course, I’ve swapped sights for Trijicons or Meprolight.

I own several pistols Glocks (19, 21), Berettas (M9A3 and Wilson Combat 92FS), and a Springfield MC Operator. The Wilson Combat 92FS, was my dad’s—as he gave it to me last Christmas (he likes tinkering and got “bored” with this gun as it had everything done to it).

NOTE: since you went to a Catholic HS, you may understand why I don’t condone jumping over the Sisters with a Raptor, lol.

Go Army!

Last edited:

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
@KAH24 @DFS
@KAH24, I should clarify Sir, the “ The Officers I was referring to in reference to modifications, were Police Officer type :Big Laugh:, not the Butter Bar type. The Butter Bars were relatively harmless, unless they grabbed a Compass and tried to use it :0
I as well have a couple of play guns that are modified but as you said the only modification to my Duty/EDC (every day carry) Firearm is night sights and grip tape :) Thank you as well for your Service to Our Country. Your graduation and success from one of our Countries Finest Educational Institutions speaks volumes.

As far as the Nuns go… I had many as teachers snd if you jumped their bus, you could expect a ruler up-side your dome!:chair: