KIDOR Lemon Law Denied and Suspension Warranty Cancelled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it says a lot about the guy when he starts out the video with him and his son basically suggesting that if you don’t agree with them or see it their way you are dumb or an idiot. They insult the viewer right out of the box.

That’s what I got out of their little “keyboard warrior” skit at the beginning of the video.

That was my take also.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here's the crazy thing, he has a small but growing youtube channel, an Amazon store with product recommendations, and a decent IG following all of which are bringing eyes and yes $$$. He missed a giant opportunity to partner with say RPG or SVC and detail a series of videos and content on going for built suspension to actually handle his needs because he clearly exceeds what stock form is reliably capable of handling.

Disappointingly he took the low road, called his fans/viewers/community keyboard warriors and missed a huge opportunity to not only fix his truck but to continue providing helpful content. :manos:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So here's the crazy thing, he has a small but growing youtube channel, an Amazon store with product recommendations, and a decent IG following all of which are bringing eyes and yes $$$. He missed a giant opportunity to partner with say RPG or SVC and detail a series of videos and content on going for built suspension to actually handle his needs because he clearly exceeds what stock form is reliably capable of handling.

Disappointingly he took the low road, called his fans/viewers/community keyboard warriors and missed a huge opportunity to not only fix his truck but to continue providing helpful content. :manos:

Well, look at the guy and his kids. "Winner" written all over 'em.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To play devil's advocate, Ford has changed out nearly every hard component in the steering rack for him (some parts multiple times) and the issue still exists, FWIW I think he may be onto something that it's a computer issue that's reading small steering angle deflections and over boosting the steering wheel. For that and that reason alone I think he has a case and it is at least worth the cost to reflash or figure out what's going on w/ the electronic side of the steering rack. I cede my time to @FordTechOne if that's even an option or remotely possible. I just think it's strange that issue isn't more prevalent with similarly modified trucks (eibachs and 37's being very common mods).

The dealer did those repairs, not Ford (I know, confusing). Once Ford corporate found out (most likely through a Field Engineer), they voided this scumbag's suspension warranty, as he eluded to in his video. It's impossible to program any module for unknown modifications, which in this case includes a suspension lift and 37" tires combined with unique harsh terrain. Therefore, the way in which the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM) reacts is entirely unknown, since it's never been designed or tested under those conditions.

This guy is simply a con artist...he is working the system, capitalizing on California's extremely liberal "consumer protection" laws by defrauding the dealership and the OE in order to continue publishing content on his channel. If warranty fraud was treated the same way as insurance fraud (as it should be) in court, this low life would be in prison. Instead, he's already planning to buy the next vehicle that he'll modify, abuse, destroy, and then either get bought back or sue the manufacturer for and reap a profit off of. People like him are trash, he's exploiting the system and profiting at the expense of the average consumer.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. I know Helio. He is a good dude. The truck he has now has given him a lot of weird steering issues. I think it is preposterous that y'all want to paint him as the devil because he wants Ford to fix the steering behavior. He's legit had to tighten the steering wheel regularly due to the truck shaking the nut loose. that's insane.

2. I'll agree that once you change something, you've backed yourself into a corner. If you modify any vehicle, you MUST be prepared to foot the bill for whatever breaks. (I've been in that boat since about 4 months into raptor ownership. I accept my consequences.)

3. I'm pretty sure that if there actually WAS a fix, that Helio would pay for it. Unfortunately, there is no fix to the steering issue that he's been having.

I've had my truck do the same "death shake" that he has experienced exactly ONCE. When it happened, the computer logic ****** the steering wheel so hard that it blew a joint on the steering shaft. I take this with a grain of salt though. I can't blame a steering rack that was designed for 35" tires and claim that since I changed the entire suspension and put 40" tires on the truck, the steering rack should work exactly as intended.

Lastly, I would happily buy an upgraded steering rack if someone offered one. Guess what? there isn't one single company that I've found that is willing to undertake designing a heavy-duty EPAS rack, or an EPAS box to support swingset steering. Until someone offers one, or unless you can find a programmer that can loop the steering "sensors" in order to run a hydraulic setup, we're all stuck with the factory bits.

yes, I said nut loose. deal with it. :33:

Would it not be possible to run a hydraulic swing set and dummy plug the sensors attached to the steering rack?

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer did those repairs, not Ford (I know, confusing).

Appreciate the correction, dealer ≠ Ford big blue oval. Dealer spent all the time, money, parts and sent a bill to Ford who finally got involved and squashed any future wasted $. Curious if there are any repercussions to the dealer in this case for not doing their own due diligence to figure out the 37's/operating conditions were excessive before sending the bill to Ford.

This guy is simply a con artist...he is working the system, capitalizing on California's extremely liberal "consumer protection" laws by defrauding the dealership and the OE in order to continue publishing content on his channel. If warranty fraud was treated the same way as insurance fraud (as it should be) in court, this low life would be in prison. Instead, he's already planning to buy the next vehicle that he'll modify, abuse, destroy, and then either get bought back or sue the manufacturer for and reap a profit off of. People like him are trash, he's exploiting the system and profiting at the expense of the average consumer.

It's all good, instead of being able to hire another talented and knowledgeable engineer like yourself, that wage can go to another lawyer to fight frivolous lawsuits :facepalm:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
they voided this scumbag's suspension warranty

This guy is simply a con artist

defrauding the dealership

If warranty fraud was treated the same way as insurance fraud (as it should be) in court, this low life would be in prison

People like him are trash

Normally, I can pick right up on your posts but, it seems to me you’re kind of beating around the bush this time.

Not a fan? ;)

Seriously though, I’m guessing he’s just in it for the internet fame, collateral damage be damned.
The next time I’m complaining about how much the new Raptor costs, I’m thinking of this guy.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when someone would post about this video. I follow this guys YouTube channel and cringed at what he did to fit 37"s.... in a way I feel bad for the problems he has with his Raptor, but on the other hand when you have done that much to something and run it hard things can break.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering when someone would post about this video. I follow this guys YouTube channel and cringed at what he did to fit 37"s.... in a way I feel bad for the problems he has with his Raptor, but on the other hand when you have done that much to something and run it hard things can break.

Referring to hammering pinch welds?