Jarrett's Truck 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1500x994 profile 6_zpsro3xpjkt.png Photo by svcoffroad | Photobucket
do the svc stock replacement arms sit level like your truck does?

Jarret's truck is a 2wd, you'll note that the centreline of the wheel is on the same plane as the lower control arm.
Not possible with a 4wd setup as the hub must be mounted up higher to accommodate the cv axle. With that comes more downward angle on the lca to achieve the same ride height.
I've been trying to talk myself into going 2wd, with a similar spindle to Jarret's, for a while now...

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was great seeing you guys push and make it out, albeit late. Getting there was all that mattered, and considering all the kinks you guys ran into, you guys did great. That truck is an absolute beast. That fuel pump issue sucked, stupid little kinks like that always seem to pop up on custom builds. At least we had zip-ties!! :ROFLJest:

I WILL get a ride next time!

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Oh and Jeff.... I need a hoody.... Its still cold up here...The patty melt on Sunday doesn't count, although it was tasty.

Whoa whoa.. don't give Jeff all the credit for the patty melts.. I'm pretty sure he drove my truck at a steady 115 all the way to the nearest Whataburger in Sweetwater as I drank my beers and manned the lightbar switch. Lol.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Hot off the press from TRR...

:specialed:

DSC06181-XL.jpg

IMG_5144-XL.jpg

All that travel makes jumps look that much smaller...
IMG_5145-XL.jpg

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hot off the press from TRR...

:specialed:

DSC06181-XL.jpg

IMG_5144-XL.jpg

All that travel makes jumps look that much smaller...
IMG_5145-XL.jpg

I checked up like a little bitch on that thing. I couldn't remember what was on the other side of it.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Jarret's truck is a 2wd, you'll note that the centreline of the wheel is on the same plane as the lower control arm.
Not possible with a 4wd setup as the hub must be mounted up higher to accommodate the cv axle. With that comes more downward angle on the lca to achieve the same ride height.
I've been trying to talk myself into going 2wd, with a similar spindle to Jarret's, for a while now...

After having seat time in both my trucks and kirks, stop thinking and just do it. It's crazy how good the front end feels.

Jarrett

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I checked up like a little bitch on that thing. I couldn't remember what was on the other side of it.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

After having seat time in both my trucks and kirks, stop thinking and just do it. It's crazy how good the front end feels.

Jarrett

dont feel bad, i was choking up on everything. I didnt know what was on the otherside of the whole track!

Dang it jarrett.... I havnt even rode in this setup and i already want to ditch 4wd. Time to buy a 2nd truck i suppose.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jarrett

Hah, that's probably got to do with having 75% more travel than before too !
How much would you guess the front diff/axle + cv's weighs ?

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hah, that's probably got to do with having 75% more travel than before too !
How much would you guess the front diff/axle + cv's weighs ?

I would say it's a few hundred pounds or so. Then when you relocate the batteries in the rear you are really helping the balance of the truck.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say it's a few hundred pounds or so. Then when you relocate the batteries in the rear you are really helping the balance of the truck.

Done.
Going to run with the 4wd spindles for a bit to see if I notice a difference. Brenthel wants $1800 for a set of 2wd spindles...

You know it's a slippery slope though, a guy starts thinking that since its 2wd, you might as well do some center mount a arms. And push the engine back a bit. Might as well swap to an LS based motor since you're moving it...

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done.
Going to run with the 4wd spindles for a bit to see if I notice a difference. Brenthel wants $1800 for a set of 2wd spindles...

You know it's a slippery slope though, a guy starts thinking that since its 2wd, you might as well do some center mount a arms. And push the engine back a bit. Might as well swap to an LS based motor since you're moving it...

do it ill even come help if i can ever get a decent amount of free time