Is the panoramic roof just asking for trouble?

Have you had issues with your panoramic roof?

• Yes, mine has had a problem or two

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Mine has been nothing but trouble and I wish it didn't have it

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No problems, mine's been perfect!

Votes: 68 81.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had it in my 13 Gen1 and now in my 18 Gen2. I really enjoy it. Don't use it all the time but it is nice.

No issues whatsoever. Doesn't mean it cant happen, just have not had any problems.
Sam

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just traded my '15 Lariat in on a new 802a without a pano. Everyone on the 150 forums has been saying that their ESP hasn't covered the pano roof problems. That said, I had -0- issues with my '15, but I'm usually at the bottom of the hill when stuff comes rolling down...

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The slight problem I have with mine is the rattle while it's closed. I've watched the video for the fix and have the stuff to fix it. I just have not done it.
Truck has been in snowy/rainy winters. No leaks, thankfully. It is always in the back of my mind when it rains though...

I love the damn moonroof though, I open it up almost every time I drive.

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine started rattling like 2 guinea pigs having marathon sex. Cleaning and lubing the edges with Gummipflege did the trick

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the panoroof on my 18'.

I truly did not want it but it was not a deal breaker either when I was purchasing the truck....

I have taken the truck on multiple off-road adventures and yea the roof sounds like shit but has not leaked so far.... When I off-road I literally gotta keep it opened in vent mode otherwise it sounds like a beaver chattering its teeth on a freezing morning.

Even during just normal driving I have to open the roof from time to time to make it stop from rattling and when I open it, it sounds like it almost wants to break because of the seal it has made..... I am planning on greasing the shit out of it this weekend see if that helps at all.....

In retro spec I would have rather had the truck without the panoroof. If you don't take the truck in the dirt you will probably be just fine tho.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 had the pano roof. Noisy pos. Ordered my 2019 without it, couldn’t be happier.

nick71692

Reaction score
No issues here and wouldnt order it without it...I'll trust Ford did their homework on this one.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the panoroof on my 18'.

I truly did not want it but it was not a deal breaker either when I was purchasing the truck....

I have taken the truck on multiple off-road adventures and yea the roof sounds like shit but has not leaked so far.... When I off-road I literally gotta keep it opened in vent mode otherwise it sounds like a beaver chattering its teeth on a freezing morning.

Even during just normal driving I have to open the roof from time to time to make it stop from rattling and when I open it, it sounds like it almost wants to break because of the seal it has made..... I am planning on greasing the shit out of it this weekend see if that helps at all.....

In retro spec I would have rather had the truck without the panoroof. If you don't take the truck in the dirt you will probably be just fine tho.

I have light tapping from my pano, not as bad as yours. Have you taken a look at the fix suggestions in this thread?