Is the panoramic roof just asking for trouble?

Have you had issues with your panoramic roof?

• Yes, mine has had a problem or two

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Mine has been nothing but trouble and I wish it didn't have it

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No problems, mine's been perfect!

Votes: 68 81.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 15 has one and I leave the shade open all winter to get the sun. Makes the truck feel huge inside. And on nice days or if I’m rock crawling, I have the windows down and roof open. I have had one on 8 vehicles I have own and the one on this new model is so big, it’s one of my favorite things about the upgraded options. ( right next to adaptive Cruise control ) pure luxury!!

Kyle F

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problems with the glass roof. Just as durable as all the other glass in the truck.

OP
OP
D

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There really is no wrong answer...you love them, get it on your truck!

The only caveat is if you planning on making long desert runs, the chance of having a problem with leaks, rattles, or operation over time increase.
If you (like myself) don't want one anyway, and planning on off roading for real then ditch the window...

I'm sure the guys who love sunroofs are loving the Raptors setup!

we don't have too many deserts here in Florida so that won't be too much of a problem lol

Extended warranty will not cover the pano roof, pop on over to the f150 forums, lots -o- problems, my 15' never had an issue, but I just picked up a 802a that has not roof, I know how my luck is....

hmmmm, interesting. I will definitely research the extended warranty thing further, I haven't looked in detail but I thought the high end Ford extended warranty would cover it.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eventually the drain lines clog up and the mechanism breaks. So yes, it is literally asking for trouble to get it if you have the option not to. Both issues can be fixed though, it's just a matter of if that extra complexity and potential repair cost is worth it to you.

If I had the choice, I'd never get a sunroof. OTOH, we have a panoramic in our Edge, and it's nice not to have to maintain any paint on the roof.

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 and I have a roof rattle. I have had it looked at and adjusted several times. I have to say it’s annoying.