Is the panoramic roof just asking for trouble?

Have you had issues with your panoramic roof?

• Yes, mine has had a problem or two

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Mine has been nothing but trouble and I wish it didn't have it

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No problems, mine's been perfect!

Votes: 68 81.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I've been looking at trucks my issue is this - most of the 802A trucks I find are optioned with the panoramic roof. I'm not super opposed to it but just seems like that much more to become a problem between leaks and rattles I've read about. I feel like I might be able to negotiate a better deal on a truck sitting on the lot vs special ordering one.

Have you had issues with your panoramic roof? If so have they been able to resolve it or has it been an ongoing saga?

Thanks for your input/feedback.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Too soon for my experience with the sunroof. This shouldn’t be an option for an off-road truck in my opinion. First truck I special ordered, my gen2 was off the lot with this option. Hope it is trouble free

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine rattles in the cold. Gonna try to fix it myself.

Edit: I think the pano sunroof is awesome in the Raptor. Having it outweighs the potential for problems.

Last edited:

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my truck without one. But our new Expedition has it. I haven’t had any problems with it, but we also don’t use it very often.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
knocking wood here - January 2017 purchase, no problems to date. You’re right, something like 95% of the 802a trucks have the moonroof. Honestly, I would be fine without it. I force myself to use it because I paid for it.