Is the panoramic roof just asking for trouble?

Have you had issues with your panoramic roof?

• Yes, mine has had a problem or two

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Mine has been nothing but trouble and I wish it didn't have it

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No problems, mine's been perfect!

Votes: 68 81.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The first time the dealer says that they won't cover it under warranty, it is coming out and I'm having a non-sunroof roof panel put on the truck.

That's news to me. I didn't know that such a thing was possible, let alone available. Sounds expensive.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There really is no wrong answer...you love them, get it on your truck!

The only caveat is if you planning on making long desert runs, the chance of having a problem with leaks, rattles, or operation over time increase.
If you (like myself) don't want one anyway, and planning on off roading for real then ditch the window...

I'm sure the guys who love sunroofs are loving the Raptors setup!

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback so far, pretty much falls where I’d expect. If taking a truck with the panoramic roof means a better deal I’ll probably do it...I’ll just be sure to get the extended warranty this time

If I end up ordering one it definitely won’t haveit

Extended warranty will not cover the pano roof, pop on over to the f150 forums, lots -o- problems, my 15' never had an issue, but I just picked up a 802a that has not roof, I know how my luck is....

A Seit

Reaction score
My 2018 has the panoramic roof and I’ve had to have it adjusted once due to rattles. Hope it’s fixed for good now.

Derek Matson

Reaction score
Mine started rattling a few months after I got it in August. It has progressively gotten worse. Took it in under warranty. They ordered a new track system. It gets installed this week. Fingers crossed....

Ehh144

Reaction score
18 with pano roof noise and clunky sounds like rubber ridding on rubber (if that makes since). Wife just turns up music, I just cringe and leave open as much as possible. Next one I’ll pass on the roof but honestly it’s small compared to the enjoyment so can’t go wrong either way. I have the pano roof in a 17 F-350 no issues at all quiet and love it just as a frame of reference.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 has one,only been using 2 months and it works fine...original owner put 50K on it with no problems...I love it!

loboloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I've been looking at trucks my issue is this - most of the 802A trucks I find are optioned with the panoramic roof. I'm not super opposed to it but just seems like that much more to become a problem between leaks and rattles I've read about. I feel like I might be able to negotiate a better deal on a truck sitting on the lot vs special ordering one.

Have you had issues with your panoramic roof? If so have they been able to resolve it or has it been an ongoing saga?

Thanks for your input/feedback.

For the past 12 years all but one of my Ford pick-ups had a sun or moon roof, and not once have I had a single issue. I just traded my 2017 Raptor for a 2019 Raptor and my 2017 never had any issues with leaks, or rattle, either. I absolutely love the moon (panoramic) roof and I would never buy a truck without one.

SEMA Guy

Reaction score
My third Raptor overall and my second with the Panoramic Roof. I absolutely love it because you can keep the vehicle a little warmer or a little cooler depending on the outside temperature and how you use the screen. No issues with rattles or leaks and I had 80K miles on my previous Raptor.