Insurance on Raptor compared to Z06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Farmers as well. Business and personal. They beat USAA hands down. I think they do the vehicle by VIN so it would say Raptor...Like having an agent as well.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use Farmers as well. Business and personal. They beat USAA hands down. I think they do the vehicle by VIN so it would say Raptor...Like having an agent as well.

I'm going to have to shop around within Farmers then. My friend has a different agent and has a bit of a connection...so I'm going to get a quote and perhaps switch agents. Getting a quote can't hurt.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was happy that mine went down when I traded in my 05 Superduty to the 12 Raptor. State Farm as others mentioned just have it listed as an F150 and rates were good because of the crash rating on the truck, is what they said anyway.

state farm see's it as a SVT Raptor, all i told them was a ford f150 and read them the VIN, and they asked me outright "thats an SVT Raptor yes?" ah shit i thought... and said yeah. and to my surprise is was lower.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
state farm see's it as a SVT Raptor, all i told them was a ford f150 and read them the VIN, and they asked me outright "thats an SVT Raptor yes?" ah shit i thought... and said yeah. and to my surprise is was lower.

Basically just an option package, which it actually is. No different than being an XLT, etc.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess, is some insurance companies figure if you can a) afford a $55k truck b) you have a decent credit score c) don't have a bunch of DUIs or shit on your DMV report they figure you are a good risk...so it really doesn't matter what you drive...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My guess, is some insurance companies figure if you can a) afford a $55k truck b) you have a decent credit score c) don't have a bunch of DUIs or shit on your DMV report they figure you are a good risk...so it really doesn't matter what you drive...

True. And I have good credit. But I'm also 22 with a fender bender (December 2011) on my driving record.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
We have allstate. The Raptor, The Dodge, my wife's altima and our 5th wheel totaled $400 a month.

Dropped the dodge and raptor and added an F350. Down to $200 a month. Not sure how adding a new f350 and dropping the raptor and dodge brought it down $200, but I'm not complaining.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have allstate. The Raptor, The Dodge, my wife's altima and our 5th wheel totaled $400 a month.

Dropped the dodge and raptor and added an F350. Down to $200 a month. Not sure how adding a new f350 and dropping the raptor and dodge brought it down $200, but I'm not complaining.

Shit $400 a month...I would love to see how they come up with their figures as well... I think they just pull numbers out of the air and see if you will pay it...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holly hell! $400 a month? My family has 3 cars (2013 Raptor, 1994 Land Cruiser & 2011 Subaru Forster (wife)) and I pay $120 a month.