Insurance on Raptor compared to Z06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my state farm renewal in the mail today, highest limits they offer, $55 a month. Do have multi-line discounts (car, home, umbrella), married, 800+ credit score, clean record and over 25.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
and when you get married you will get a better rate. and when you turn 30 you will get a better rate. My advice, stay out of trouble (no accidents) and make sure your credit is excellent. Insurance companies reward customers that will not cost them money.

I have excellent credit. Not a single late payment on a credit card ever. So that will definitely help. I do have 1 ding on my driving record for an accident (fender-bender) a year and a half ago. So they will hold that against me for another year and half. But after that it should drop a bit. Right now it looks like Farmers or Nationwide will be the way to go. I still need to check on Allstate.

And to whomever said Mercury Insurance was cheapest...they were literally DOUBLE Nationwide.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you filed a claim with them before?

About 10 years ago, no problems. Auto body shops told me they are #1 in California.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

I have excellent credit. Not a single late payment on a credit card ever. So that will definitely help. I do have 1 ding on my driving record for an accident (fender-bender) a year and a half ago. So they will hold that against me for another year and half. But after that it should drop a bit. Right now it looks like Farmers or Nationwide will be the way to go. I still need to check on Allstate.

And to whomever said Mercury Insurance was cheapest...they were literally DOUBLE Nationwide.

Ya it's strange, State Farm in Ca is not even competitive. But I've heard that Mercury is tough if you have anything on you driving record and you age is against you. Since your so young.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind a couple of other large factors include the area of the country you live in, and also if you have any children in the house driving.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I've had Mercury since I was old enough to drive. They have always been very easy to deal with, even when I totaled my Audi in a DUI accident. My rate on the Raptor are finally down to $140/month now that everything but the DUI is left. I think I was paying $220/month when I got my first Raptor in '09.

DPick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pay right around $100 a month for insurance and I am still in that under 24 bracket too. USAA is by far the best I found.

No one ever beats USAA. I'm right around $100/month for a custom coverage that's close to the premium coverage. I would have lost $30 by switching to Geico - that lizard's full of shit in his commercials!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My insurance on my Raptor went down $8.60/6 months going from my Titan to the Raptor and I lowered my collision deductible from $750 to $500.