ICON vs Fox 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Someone just needs to go and mount Icon on one side of the their truck and Fox on the other side. Then let us know which side rides better. ;)

Actually @ntm was running ICON in the rear and Fox in the front. He said he liked that setup

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do it all over again, Thought you were running Fox?

Doesn't mean you can't do it all over again though right?

My current truck is stock though.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

And in the spirit of old times.... Let's be honest , this happens way too much with Icons 08aecf9c9aad3f63d263c6910eef9963.jpg

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did the shocks cause that, I've heard some jokes but haven't heard or seen what the issues have been

I'm no engineer but I think the bump zone in the icon runs really stiff and doesn't allow for enough slow progression of the shock resulting in too much force on the upper shock mount.

In icons defense, I've seen a few Fox shocks blow the lower mounts off. But in all honestly, it's a much more prevalent issue on the icons.

D

Deleted member 12951

And in the spirit of old times.... Let's be honest , this happens way too much with Icons

Was this because you had to grind the shock mount to make room for them? The new version does not require any grinding.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no engineer but I think the bump zone in the icon runs really stiff and doesn't allow for enough slow progression of the shock resulting in too much force on the upper shock mount.

In icons defense, I've seen a few Fox shocks blow the lower mounts off. But in all honestly, it's a much more prevalent issue on the icons.

Thanks. Definitely curious as I just bought a set of used Icons front and rear and haven't installed yet.