ICON vs Fox 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Ahh the good ol' shock war days. Tough to compare these two vids considering there's different terrain variables involved. What's making the fox video look rougher possibly are the two kickers through one of the whoop sections in a couple of the clips that upset the attitude of the truck. That was me in the white truck in the fox vid for what it's worth...

In all honesty though... Both shocks will be a nice upgrade over stock. I would personally lean towards Fox if I had to do it all over again. The internal bypass technology in the front coilover is pretty much why.

Traitor!! You're dead to me!!!

#whatareicons

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Doesn't mean you can't do it all over again though right?

My current truck is stock though.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

And in the spirit of old times.... Let's be honest , this happens way too much with Icons 08aecf9c9aad3f63d263c6910eef9963.jpg

He's aliiiive!!! :tizzle:

#whatareicons

OP
OP
N

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do not understand me wrong. This is not a Shock War here. I only ask what shocks does better berforming? And what i read here i think the Fox are the better one. The only thing i was wondering is, when riding the Icon's in the Video, why it looks like it is more soft than Fox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

and what is the difference in RPG Stage 3 vs. Stage 4? Found one more RPG Video where the difference is shown by riding a bumpy road. Can you tell me why in Stage 4 the truck does not jump in the high with the rear, but in 3?

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

forgot to add the Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=527s6R30W_c

And what ist the difference between 3 and 4? In the front there is only the Fox 3.0 mountet?

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

@Raptizzle

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how come no one ever brings kings into these arguments! always icon and fox debates

Because the king 3.0's are even narrower in focus than the icons. You can tune them for one type of terrain and speed, and that's it.
The new ibp option for the Kings is a work around on fox's internal bypass patents, but doesn't seem to work as well.
If you can only have a coil over up front, you want an internal bypass fox... and this is coming from a guy with 12 king dampers on his truck.
Bypasses are the key to having a vehicle that handles everything well.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and what is the difference in RPG Stage 3 vs. Stage 4? Found one more RPG Video where the difference is shown by riding a bumpy road. Can you tell me why in Stage 4 the truck does not jump in the high with the rear, but in 3?

RPG stage 3 - frame brace, Fox bump stops, rear springs (Deaver or National)
RPG stage 4 - adds RPG tuned Fox 3.0 rear shocks to above .

I have RPG stage 3 and just picked up Icons for an awesome price. I just installed the rears last night and its definitely softer on road than stock. I will try more on way to Mint400 next week.

D

Deleted member 12951

I called and spoke with Dale. He said he has uppers in stock and is making more of the lowers. I ordered a set and having them powdercoated black. Cheap insurance if you ask me, regardless what shocks you have. He said he sells a lot of them.

Mounts arrived today. Got em raw to get them quicker even though they took awhile anyways. Hope to get these installed soon.

ca463e848ed90fdb32b6ffc0a7b9ee87.jpg