I "SCREWED" up royally (pun intended)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Airborne06

Airborne06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to back out of a tight parking space in a covered parking garage. There were two concrete pillars on the driver's side of my truck...and as I backed out, I was paying attention to the car that parked close to me on the passenger side as I cut the wheels to ease out. I ripped off my mirror, bent the running board, and damaged the door. The sound was sickening. The adjuster is replacing the entire door because it damaged one of the cross beams inside; replaced the running board ($1500!!); replaced the front quarter panel because it was ripped off the frame and snapped back; and then the hinges, paint, etc. Stoooopid. Maybe it's time for the Lexus, Porsche, or Corvette instead of the massive truck. Nah!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Airborne06

Airborne06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully (for you) this won't go on the carfax...

It probably will go on CARFAX. Actually, I'm glad they are replacing the entire door and the fender/quarter panel. Whenever they try to just fix stuff, you can always tell. Getting a new door and quarter panel eliminates that issue as long as the paint job is good.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sux to hear about your truck. But one thing I've always been taught is to back into the spot every time so that you can just pull out. Especially with a truck. It's a pain at first, but you'll get used to it after awhile and avoid this situation.

Good luck with repairs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
good advice. it's a lot easier to backup a big truck into a spot rather than pulling into it. And when you leave, it's so much easier and safer to pull out, especially in a crowded parking lot.

Sux to hear about your truck. But one thing I've always been taught is to back into the spot every time so that you can just pull out. Especially with a truck. It's a pain at first, but you'll get used to it after awhile and avoid this situation.

Good luck with repairs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy's wife did a similar thing to his Chevy in a parkade; took a corner a little tight and ran the side of the bed down a concrete pillar. I think I would be sick!!

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch, that is a real bad deal. Doesn't sound like you were even having fun when you smashed it!