I "SCREWED" up royally (pun intended)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hopefully (for you) this won't go on the carfax...
I honestly don't get the obsession with CARFAX reports. They have a hell of a marketing team and have convinced the public that if the car has even been in a fender bender, it's not a good car to own. If you can't see the repair because they did such a good job, great, there should be no value lost just because they had a fender replaced. In fact, the paint on that fender is probably better quality than from the factory and probably has less orange peel. As long as there is no frame damage and the work was done by a reputable shop, I could honestly care less what's on the CARFAX. But like I said, they have a hell of a marketing team and have convinced the American public it HAS to 100% spot free or it's a junk car.

It probably will go on CARFAX. Actually, I'm glad they are replacing the entire door and the fender/quarter panel. Whenever they try to just fix stuff, you can always tell. Getting a new door and quarter panel eliminates that issue as long as the paint job is good.
Exactly. I'm sure they'll do a fine job and you'll need a paint gun or some tool to actually see that it's been repainted. You won't be able to tell with the naked eye.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car fax comes from public records. Ie police reports. I believe some insurance companies reports to them, but not all. You can ask your agent if the company reports to car fax. But I think most insurance providers don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't get the obsession with CARFAX reports. They have a hell of a marketing team and have convinced the public that if the car has even been in a fender bender, it's not a good car to own. If you can't see the repair because they did such a good job, great, there should be no value lost just because they had a fender replaced. In fact, the paint on that fender is probably better quality than from the factory and probably has less orange peel. As long as there is no frame damage and the work was done by a reputable shop, I could honestly care less what's on the CARFAX. But like I said, they have a hell of a marketing team and have convinced the American public it HAS to 100% spot free or it's a junk car.

Exactly. I'm sure they'll do a fine job and you'll need a paint gun or some tool to actually see that it's been repainted. You won't be able to tell with the naked eye.

Carfax reports are just an arrow in the quiver of folks looking to purchase a used car...is it the only due diligence that should be done...No...is it a good tool to start with I think so...I want to know as much as possible about a used car prior to my purchase...but that is just me...