How to spend $5k on new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you to do the paint correction and ceramic? Also, what products did you use? I've been kicking this around.

Entire process took me 2 days (not continuously working). For the paint correction I used Griots Fast Correcting Cream with Megs MF pad and then for the 2nd pass I did Sonax Perfect Finish with Rupes yellow pad. For the coating I did 2 coats of Carpro CQ UK 3.0 and 2 coats of Gliss V2. The truck looks insane - better than new. I have coated all of my cars and will never not coat one due to how good they look and how easy they are to clean. If I had to do it over again, I would either do the exact same process, or use Crystal Serum Light (one coat) and Exo V4 (1-2 coats) in the interest of time. Check out obsessedgarage.com, I use a lot of the products he recommends, but I like CarPro stuff the best.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
My Upgrades and associated costs for my Raptor:

Maxtrax boards: $280.00
Line-X Bed - $520.00
Line-X Rear Wheel Wells - $310.00
Mud Flaps PDP - $84.55
WeatherTech Bug and rain Guards - Free
Install Radar Detector- Free
UPR Catch Can & ECCS w/Breather - $664.95
ZRoadz Hood, ditch, light Brackets - $147.85
Rigid D series lights. $225.00
Recon dual row Led tailgate light - $209.00
Recon install - $50.00
Front windows & Windshield tinted - $135.00
Undercover Elite bed cover - $984.00
Ford Performance hood stickers $34.95
Gaither Wheel Dolly - $221.21
Under Seat Storage - $419.95
Raptor Sewn Seat Belts x 4 - 85.50
KHC Torque Arm - $1,350.00
Raptor hood and rear quarter panel stickers - $890.00
Reflective grill & tailgate stickers - 172.18
Gorilla lugnuts - $117.99
Fumoto F107N w/LC10 lever lock - $28.95
Bubba Rope 7/8" x 30' - $209.09
COBB Ford Coolant Overflow Cover - $65.00
Baja Designs Triple Fog Light Kit - $1,089.00
Baja Designs S1 Reverse Light Kit -$269.96
Baja Designs LED Dome Light - $67.46
AFE Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Replacement Air Filter - $78.99

ESP Ford Warranty: 8yr./125K - $2,540.00

I'd say mud flaps first to keep from slinging crap all over the sides of the truck.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Upgrades and associated costs for my Raptor:

Maxtrax boards: $280.00
Line-X Bed - $520.00
Line-X Rear Wheel Wells - $310.00
Mud Flaps PDP - $84.55
WeatherTech Bug and rain Guards - Free
Install Radar Detector- Free
UPR Catch Can & ECCS w/Breather - $664.95
ZRoadz Hood, ditch, light Brackets - $147.85
Rigid D series lights. $225.00
Recon dual row Led tailgate light - $209.00
Recon install - $50.00
Front windows & Windshield tinted - $135.00
Undercover Elite bed cover - $984.00
Ford Performance hood stickers $34.95
Gaither Wheel Dolly - $221.21
Under Seat Storage - $419.95
Raptor Sewn Seat Belts x 4 - 85.50
KHC Torque Arm - $1,350.00
Raptor hood and rear quarter panel stickers - $890.00
Reflective grill & tailgate stickers - 172.18
Gorilla lugnuts - $117.99
Fumoto F107N w/LC10 lever lock - $28.95
Bubba Rope 7/8" x 30' - $209.09
COBB Ford Coolant Overflow Cover - $65.00
Baja Designs Triple Fog Light Kit - $1,089.00
Baja Designs S1 Reverse Light Kit -$269.96
Baja Designs LED Dome Light - $67.46
AFE Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Replacement Air Filter - $78.99

ESP Ford Warranty: 8yr./125K - $2,540.00

I'd say mud flaps first to keep from slinging crap all over the sides of the truck.

How do you like those PDP Mudflaps? Thx.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does the aluminum of shock bodies and A arms hold up to salt if not treated?

The shocks are anodized it looks like to me so that provides some level of protection, the A-arms/spindles are bare AL castings/forgings - they'll stain & get oxidized/pitted over time if you're really getting blasted w/ road salt and/or take the thing on the beach/salt water. It would take a LOOONNNNGGGGG time for that to cause any structural issues, but that Yamashield stuff would provide a layer of surface protection that would prevent oxidizing (white powdery crust appearing on AL) & more importantly also gives some protection to rubber bushings/hoses etc. that really do get chewed up/dried out by salt.

Lastly - for the shocks in particular you could hit em up w/ a rattle can of automotive clear coat. Did that on a couple sets of Bilstein 5100 shocks from previous trucks that had a bare 400 series stainless housing that would definitely oxidize/pit/rust in salt. Clearcoat prevented that I think

Sleepy996

Reaction score
You are going to get a million different responses on here. We have guys on here that love doing PPF and making the truck paint prestine and you have others that just want to destroy these trucks offroad or in the dunes. Mod it based on what you plan on actually using it for and makes you happy. Good luck !

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it was:

1. Tint
2. Paint correction & full PFF
3. Alcon BBK

It really depends on what you are planning on doing with your truck. Maybe PFF just the front of the truck for now?

How’s the BBK work? It seems the weak link in braking distance is the tires ?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How’s the BBK work? It seems the weak link in braking distance is the tires ?

not as much as you’d think due to the simply massive footprint & the new gen 2s have lost weight- the guys running beadlocks and/or a much heavier aftermarket wheel/tire setup may have a lil less braking performance, but overall in general compared to multiple GM 1/2 tons & Toyota 1/2 tons ive owned/driven the brakes/braking performance on the Raptor is really pretty good for a stock truck.

the brakes become more of a “liability” I think as guys mod the truck & make it more powerful, & then you may start to feel like the truck is overpowered relative to to the brakes especially on the street where you’re much more apt to push it.

that being said throttle control is a matter of choice & if you’re really hustling the truck hard on the street regularly you’ll probably appreciate Those alcons, but IMHO if I were to really “put that kit to use” on the street- meaning run the truck hard enough to where the merits of a BBK really shine- well to be completely honest I’d be driving the thing like a total ******* if that were the case & a hardwired radar detector would also be on the list too w/ that BBK lol.

big $$$ for it, limited wheel choices after (I think), while advertised they don’t require modification I watched an install video & you absolutely have to modify the truck cutting stuff off etc. so that’s something to consider.

going to more aggressive pad material & a higher rated brake fluid would help improve braking to an extent as well & cost ALOT less

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
not as much as you’d think due to the simply massive footprint & the new gen 2s have lost weight- the guys running beadlocks and/or a much heavier aftermarket wheel/tire setup may have a lil less braking performance, but overall in general compared to multiple GM 1/2 tons & Toyota 1/2 tons ive owned/driven the brakes/braking performance on the Raptor is really pretty good for a stock truck.

the brakes become more of a “liability” I think as guys mod the truck & make it more powerful, & then you may start to feel like the truck is overpowered relative to to the brakes especially on the street where you’re much more apt to push it.

that being said throttle control is a matter of choice & if you’re really hustling the truck hard on the street regularly you’ll probably appreciate Those alcons, but IMHO if I were to really “put that kit to use” on the street- meaning run the truck hard enough to where the merits of a BBK really shine- well to be completely honest I’d be driving the thing like a total ******* if that were the case & a hardwired radar detector would also be on the list too w/ that BBK lol.

big $$$ for it, limited wheel choices after (I think), while advertised they don’t require modification I watched an install video & you absolutely have to modify the truck cutting stuff off etc. so that’s something to consider.

going to more aggressive pad material & a higher rated brake fluid would help improve braking to an extent as well & cost ALOT less

the biggest difference in braking performance with the aftermarket BBKs is how quickly the brakes start to fade under heavy use.

I didnt really feel like I needed more braking capability until I started taking my truck to Baja. Hustling the truck around for an hour or two? the stock brakes, even with heavy 37s were fine for me.

Extended that timeline into hour 4 ( and in reality, I sometimes am hustling my truck for 6-8 hours straight), well the brakes would get spongy and fade.

Once I went to 40s, it was no longer an option. My truck is currently getting alcons.

Im with the majority of the other posters in recommending that you drive it first, then plan upgrades.

I feel like it is kind of nuts to start spending thousands upon thousands of dollars before you figure out what the truck is capable of and what leaves you wanting. the only way to figure out those items is to drive the truck in the way that you intend to use it on the regular.

I am looking forward to the day when this message board turns into, " so I was out doing "x" in my truck and I experienced "y". does anyone have any experience with this or recommendations?"

Not a knock at anyone, but it seems that most focus on the hypothetical when in reality, they'd probably never identify a "need" for an upgrade on their own.