How to spend $5k on new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ceramic coatings are really nice if you stay on pavement. If you drive any kind of dirt road you will hate it. The coating acts as an insulator so when you dry it or add detailer it will be a dirt magnet. It makes it easier to clean when dirty. I will never ever have it done again as I drive a couple miles of dirt road everyday and have to wash 4-5 times a week. The trick is to air dry it so you don’t create static build up.

That's strange. I have several black vehicles that have been CC and I find just the opposite. They seem to repel the dust. They stay cleaner much longer than before. And like you said, clean up is a breeze.

With that said many people believe the CC is a very durable paint protection. While it does provide some protection, nothing that rivals a wrap.

Sam

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup that was me. Just make sure you’re willing to deal with worse case scenario should something happen and Ford denies you warranty for modifications. HaHa Had I been expecting that Ford was going to pull some warranty voided BS I wouldn’t have been so upset. I probably still would have done the shocks but I would have been a little less taken back when they denied me haha. I would just decide which mods you’ll actually get use out of and go for those. If you don’t plan to offroad at night much I’d skip the crazy light setup and so on. Good luck! Keep us updated with what you choose.

I saw your thread that is really BS. I don’t think it’s justified, but again goes in line w/ my stance on catch cans - if the dealer wants to they can easily void warranty for it & they don’t even do squat for performance or anything...on other hand your experience just seems absurd - personally if it were me I’d have fixed it, De-modded as much as I could, trade in on an another raptor or different truck & gone back to the dealer w/ my new $70k vehicle that didn’t pad their sales books & say- “see that? Too bad but never again will you get a dime of my $$$, toodles ********”

S Killius

Reaction score
If you're going to get PPF, it's best to do it now before you drive it too much. I did XPEL on the front end/fenders/hood/roof/pillars and bottom of doors and then Ceramic Pro over everything, but unfortunately I already had already picked up a few small love marks. It also cut my wash time down significantly, and is worth it just for that IMO. I use my truck primarily for a daily driver but it goes trail running at least twice a month to ensure it remembers it's a Raptor.

If I had it to do over again I would have had the XPEL installed on the way home from the dealer, and I would have had it done to the entire truck even though the cost for the bed sides is significant. I loved the results so much I immediately took my other car in for the treatment as well.

S Killius

Reaction score
The ceramic coatings are really nice if you stay on pavement. If you drive any kind of dirt road you will hate it. The coating acts as an insulator so when you dry it or add detailer it will be a dirt magnet. It makes it easier to clean when dirty. I will never ever have it done again as I drive a couple miles of dirt road everyday and have to wash 4-5 times a week. The trick is to air dry it so you don’t create static build up.

Not knowing what coating you used, but it might be you're not using compatible detailer or wash soap. I was told by my installer to avoid products with wax in them because they would act as you describe and he provided me with a specific ceramic quick detailer. A good rain is enough to keep my truck looking "clean enough" unless I take it off road.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that was me. Just make sure you’re willing to deal with worse case scenario should something happen and Ford denies you warranty for modifications. HaHa Had I been expecting that Ford was going to pull some warranty voided BS I wouldn’t have been so upset. I probably still would have done the shocks but I would have been a little less taken back when they denied me haha. I would just decide which mods you’ll actually get use out of and go for those. If you don’t plan to offroad at night much I’d skip the crazy light setup and so on. Good luck! Keep us updated with what you choose.
Great Advice. Thank you.

Rich E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a no brainer...

Raptors seat you plus 3 1/2 people.

$5,000 bucks will buy you 3 strippers and a midget. Don’t forget the blow to feed the strippers.

Life is good !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was also considering these two products:

https://www.nyalic.com/

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-prod...MIuqHV3LD35gIVlP5kCh3SrAFaEAAYASAAEgIgefD_BwE

I know others on this forum have been pleased with the Amsoil, but sounds as if the Amsoil needs to be reapplied as opposed to the Nyalic, which seems like a more Permanent application.
Any feedback?

I treated my truck w/ amsoil HDMP- 5 cans worth when new (in addition used rustoleum HD on axles/diff) & touched up w/ 2.5 cans prior to this winter. Honestly it’s really “semi-permanent” - it dries to a semi-tacky beeswax consistency, it’s really quite good.

don’t get it on the shocks/A arms though as it’ll Tint them yellowish, but for those parts, bare AL you want looking good for a long time & the entire engine bay - wires/electrical connection/rubber/plastic/metal painted or not- Yamashield Protectant is the way to go, marine formula, used to be called Boeshield T9, this isn’t as Permanent as amsoil coating but can be applied to anything & makes it look nice too- I know guys who use it as an “undercarriage dressing” for car shows & stuff.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I treated my truck w/ amsoil HDMP- 5 cans worth when new (in addition used rustoleum HD on axles/diff) & touched up w/ 2.5 cans prior to this winter. Honestly it’s really “semi-permanent” - it dries to a semi-tacky beeswax consistency, it’s really quite good.

don’t get it on the shocks/A arms though as it’ll Tint them yellowish, but for those parts, bare AL you want looking good for a long time & the entire engine bay - wires/electrical connection/rubber/plastic/metal painted or not- Yamashield Protectant is the way to go, marine formula, used to be called Boeshield T9, this isn’t as Permanent as amsoil coating but can be applied to anything & makes it look nice too- I know guys who use it as an “undercarriage dressing” for car shows & stuff.
Thank you