How to spend $5k on new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwain

Reaction score
So I have been pricing a PPF with ceramic coating for my new 2019 Raptor in black. Pricing has come back very high for what most say is not worth it. Still trying to talk myself out of it, knowing as soon as I get door scratches or rock chips on the black paint I’m going to be pissed, how else could the first $5000 be spent on accessories/modifications on my new Raptor?

being serious here I almost headed this title $5000 on PPF or New Brakes. Well, the answer would be obvious once you get over the scratches compared to being able to stop 50 feet faster and considering the safety upgrade, so taking the question out phrased that way.

How would you all spend the first $5000 modifying your new Raptor? Maybe modifying is not the best phrase either. I do not want to void warranty.

so would it be something like this -

Stowaway ramps (which I did get) $600
Leveling kit ($300)
Winch (?)
Rigid Fog light kit ($1000)
Etc.
etc.
etc.

what would you all do if you could do it again in my situation?

thank you,

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it was:

1. Tint
2. Paint correction & full PFF
3. Alcon BBK

It really depends on what you are planning on doing with your truck. Maybe PFF just the front of the truck for now?

OP
OP
G

Gwain

Reaction score
For me it was:

1. Tint
2. Paint correction & full PFF
3. Alcon BBK

It really depends on what you are planning on doing with your truck. Maybe PFF just the front of the truck for now?

yes the PPF is what I was wanting to do first but the only place around here is wanting $4200 for all of it except the bed. Seems like there would be better way to spend the first $4k on the truck is why I’m asking.
I do plan on taking it over road a lot and don’t want to always worry about brush sticking out in a few areas, other than than rock chips nor car doors in parking lots.
I am still leaning towards this option first though. thanks

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the PPF is a lot of money for what you get. I’d consider lights and skip ppf

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I’m doing is Xpel film paint protection (wrap the entire front, A pillars, lower rocker door panels and wheel flares) and full paint correction with Ceramic coating. The company doing the Ceramic coating said they have a ceramic coating spray for the entire underside. Never heard of that, but going to ask him apply.