How to safely carrying a gun in a gen 2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have the E&G console vault from Nick, VERY nice, very secure. I keep a Sig P320 X-Carry with a full size X5 grip module and some of the the high cap 21 round mags from my X5 in it, for back up to my daily carry Sig P365XL. I lined it with felt and modded a carrying insert for it.

img_8364-jpg.149447

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the E&G console vault from Nick, VERY nice, very secure. I keep a Sig P320 X-Carry with a full size X5 grip module and some of the the high cap 21 round mags from my X5 in it, for back up to my daily carry Sig P365XL. I lined it with felt and modded a carrying insert for it.

img_8364-jpg.149447

It states it mounts to the frame, do you have to take the center console out to install it? How hard is it to install

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep leaving that gun in your truck and not on your person and you stand a significant chance of getting it stolen. Consider carefully.

RonPorter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the E&G Vault! Illegally carry is fine in SoCal. There are no laws anymore and there is no reason for LEO to know it's in your console. Your life is more valuable than a misdemeanor..

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It states it mounts to the frame, do you have to take the center console out to install it? How hard is it to install

No removal of the entire console. Just remove the back of the console (2 screws) and then loosen the console (2 screws, one on each side). Use a pry bar or a big flat head screwdriver to just slightly lift the base and slide the plate in. Once plate has been slid in, secure with the bolts through the bottom of the console and tighten. Cover the bolt holes with included carpet inlay inside the console. Re-install side bolts to lock console down. Re-install rear faceplate screws. Pop the cupholders back on.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a PA AR for home. I keep a 9mm in the truck. Concealed carrier here. I'm not really that into guns but think the world has gone completely batshit, so I'm not taking any chances. UPS left another bulk package of 5.56 on my doorstep this morning.

I also built a small supplies pantry in my master closet yesterday. 48 rolls of TP, 50lbs rice, 20lbs pasta, yeast, flour, 30 boxes mac n cheese, several pounds of nuts, canned beans and soup.

Wait a sec... PA as in Primary Arms? If so how did you get a hold of one?