How to safely carrying a gun in a gen 2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$300...you mean 2 Hi-Points and 4 full mags???

300 AR is cool because its the same as a 5.56 except for the barrel. You can get a 5.56 upper and a 300 upper and just swap them out. Same mags, same bolt carrier etc.

In my defense you did say 300 pistol which I assume could mean anything.
I have a Hi Power but no Hi Points for me.

My only concern would be how to stabilize it, like a Mac 10. I have looked into doing a special 17hmr with a lite trigger. The cyclical rate would be crazy fast and they are super accurate. As you know bullet speed means more than caliber.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a PA AR for home. I keep a 9mm in the truck. Concealed carrier here. I'm not really that into guns but think the world has gone completely batshit, so I'm not taking any chances. UPS left another bulk package of 5.56 on my doorstep this morning.

I also built a small supplies pantry in my master closet yesterday. 48 rolls of TP, 50lbs rice, 20lbs pasta, yeast, flour, 30 boxes mac n cheese, several pounds of nuts, canned beans and soup.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my defense you did say 300 pistol which I assume could mean anything.
I have a Hi Power but no Hi Points for me.

My only concern would be how to stabilize it, like a Mac 10. I have looked into doing a special 17hmr with a lite trigger. The cyclical rate would be crazy fast and they are super accurate. As you know bullet speed means more than caliber.
Fair enough on the 300.

Ar pistol just has a barrel under 16" in length, and then a brace instead of a stock, so they're still decent length. Mine all have 10" barrels, so they're prob 20" or so total length. Plenty easy to stabalize.

And no, a 17HMR is not going to be even close to a 300 for stopping power. Kinetic energy and transfer is what matters. A 17 may be 2650fps speed, but it's only 250ftlb of energy. A 300 for example is 1694ft lbs with a 125g bullet.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough on the 300.

Ar pistol just has a barrel under 16" in length, and then a brace instead of a stock, so they're still decent length. Mine all have 10" barrels, so they're prob 20" or so total length. Plenty easy to stabalize.

And no, a 17HMR is not going to be even close to a 300 for stopping power. Kinetic energy and transfer is what matters. A 17 may be 2650fps speed, but it's only 250ftlb of energy. A 300 for example is 1694ft lbs with a 125g bullet.

Okay but accuracy is what counts.

What is wrong with the center console for carrying? It locks and I do not have a loaded cartridge in the chamber. Granted everyone probably has a certain opinion on how they prefer to do things.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay but accuracy is what counts.

What is wrong with the center console for carrying? It locks and I do not have a loaded cartridge in the chamber. Granted everyone probably has a certain opinion on how they prefer to do things.
Shot placement is always important, but nothing about a 17hmr for defense is appropriate. I use those to kill prairie dogs.

Nothing is wrong with the center console, but the factory lock is junk and can be easily broken open. The console vault like Nick posted is much more secure, and then the pistol holder I posted holds them in place very well. As far as how you carry condition wise is up to you man.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in CA and applied for/received my CCW in 2014, that is the safest way carrying a gun . I personally would not chance carrying a “loaded” gun any other way.

OP
OP
Matt Pearlman

Matt Pearlman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about a 300 dollar pistol, lol. Yeah makes sense now. I might should get an AR to carry around with me as well though since they will probably be banned soon.

Whomever said shotgun you can not go wrong with a 12 gauge as well.

i want to get and carry a dual chamber 12 gauge shotgun.