Advice on how to get a Raptor R in the future

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m definitely planning on getting the R if/when Ford makes it.

Question for you guys who have experience with purchasing limited allocation vehicles in the past is, how do you plan on getting in line? Do you go to the dealer now and leave them your info and tell them you’re interested in buying a truck that doesn’t even exist yet?

Or do we need to wait until Ford opens the reservations online? Bronco comes to mind…

So, what say you gentlemen?

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Establish a good reputation with your local preferred dealer. They respect loyalty. Having a home base dealer who you buy a few cars from, get all of your service done there, and most importantly send them referrals and leads on people needing to purchase. This goes a long way towards establishing your status with them. Work them constantly on the fact that your long term goal is buying an R. Basically the more biz you throw their way ups your value to them. The better you treat them and your attitude with them you will end up with an R.

OP
OP
Russ103

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Establish a good reputation with your local preferred dealer. They respect loyalty. Having a home base dealer who you buy a few cars from, get all of your service done there, and most importantly send them referrals and leads on people needing to purchase. This goes a long way towards establishing your status with them. Work them constantly on the fact that your long term goal is buying an R. Basically the more biz you throw their way ups your value to them. The better you treat them and your attitude with them you will end up with an R.
Wow… my Raptor is the first brand new Ford I’ve ever bought, I do my own oil changes, and my wife likes German cars. Not sure how much I could suck up to a dealer with those facts in the way lol

I appreciate the response though

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends if this thing is really limited or not. If so, you can look at more of a GT40 model.

If not, get ready to pay.

Let’s be straight. Dealers are wh@res. That’s not good or bad. It just is. Their job is to make their owners the most money, not to make friends with you. Groveling at a dealer is both ineffective and demeaning.

as an aside, similar scenario is playing out with rolex stainless sport watches now.

The real answer here is either: be patient and wait for supply to catch up. Or be prepared to write a check for significantly over MSRP.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked my salesman about this and he said ordering is a year out, it'll be marked up a good bit and the odds of getting it are slim to none. So I bought the 21....lol