Hot Tranny!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

62nalide

Reaction score
I saw 215* on my display this weekend while out wheeling. I have read other threads where that is not abnormal. But like you, I always thought that cooler fluid was better for the transmission.

mine seems to always be 198 or 199. i did get to 205 driving thru the mountains and downshifting alot on the uphills. there was a thread about this a long while back and i think they said thats right in line with these trans's..... i know some have upgraded the coolers, but i dont think its that big an issue. im more worried about the rough shifting in 1st and 2nd when in heavy traffic.

sorry to derail your thread in the beginning. but mine runs about 208 to 212 when i am towing. and that is usually on the hills. if you can call them that in florida. jack.

Ok im driving normal and I see 199 205ish and im not in a Raptor this is in a 6.2L Harley so dont throe rocks at me lol JK JK im thinking of adding a 40K transmission cooler like the one i have in my Denali went from 190 to 135* highway and 155* city hope to see the same on this truck

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok im driving normal and I see 199 205ish and im not in a Raptor this is in a 6.2L Harley so dont throe rocks at me lol JK JK im thinking of adding a 40K transmission cooler like the one i have in my Denali went from 190 to 135* highway and 155* city hope to see the same on this truck

You will not see that on this truck---thermostat control. Do some research you will see. Mine has the bigger finned alum pan and Amsoil fluid. Still ran 199 yesterday in 97 stop and go traffic on the way home yesterday.

OP
OP

62nalide

Reaction score
You will not see that on this truck---thermostat control. Do some research you will see. Mine has the bigger finned alum pan and Amsoil fluid. Still ran 199 yesterday in 97 stop and go traffic on the way home yesterday.

:( damn so a bigger cooler and a fan won't work? Damn

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I clicked on this thread simply to see where it would go titled as it was. Glad to see you got some help too though!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 9017

Or

aee696b2-d5c3-b0f3.jpg

Last edited: